Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

School Fight Rivalries

gonzo

So you went to the hardest primary school in Bolton.

You went to the hardest secondary school in Bolton.

And you followed Bolton Wanderers when they had the hardest mob in England.

oh, and no doubt you went around with the hardest mods.

*got a feeling Im in for some abuse now*

:D

IN ONE!!! no flies on you

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there was me thinking you were going to end with "And now you've got the hardest knob in Perth" :thumbsup:

He's a good lad is our Bolty, many years of experience :shiftyninja:

Tickled me that.Got to confess the same thought flashed through my mind :lol:!

I was at Deane and there was a regular end of term 'battle of Junction Rd' with Heywood. At its worst, we had 2 mounted Police on the grounds for around a term, circa 1993. Partly due to the Heywood problem and partly to do with the race wars which had kicked off year. Happy days!

• Members

So you went to the hardest primary school in Bolton. Castle Hill? Wouldn't know but very much doubt that.

You went to the hardest secondary school in Bolton. BCGS? Nah - possibly one of the smartest (IQ wise).

And you followed Bolton Wanderers when they had the hardest mob in England. Eh? You been on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds pal?

oh, and no doubt you went around with the hardest mods. Bolton did have a good mob which was interconnected with the Lever End in many cases. How you'd get a 'hardest' ratinmg is beyond me though.

Just another WUM.

• Members

Boltyl lad, I mean you no harm.

Not everyone is out to get you.

I always say that if you cant laugh at yourself, then you are doomed to a life of misery!

:drinks:

The't alreet pal. Your comment actually caused me to reflect. Wondered why I would come across like that - not intended. No hard case here - just what I would rate a normal Bolton lad who wouldn't take a backward step I suppose (costly on a couple of occasions but most of the time worked out well).

Then I thought of the mad times we went through when I was in that 16-25 age bracket. Football violence was riddled with darts being thrown, sharpened coins, acid, ammonia etc. I have personally witnessed football related stuff involving a bayonet (Sheff U); machete (Oldham); knives (plenty) and a bloody sawn off shotgun (West Brom fan at a Walsall v Bolton game)! Football terrace action was mimicked in local street/town rivalries, inter school stuff and the eternal battle between various forms of greaser and various forms of Mod. Of course, such extremes were always likely to result in a fatality or two and we all know of at least one.

Just the times I suppose. In these days of CCTV stardom, things are a lot tamer so I suppose recounting these events might come across as Walter Mittyesque. Trust me - it really was that mental (and utterly exhilarating). There are plenty on here who witnessed/were involved in those events who will back me up on that one.

• Site Supporter

. Of course, such extremes were always likely to result in a fatality or two and we all know of at least one.

Just the times I suppose. In these days of CCTV stardom, things are a lot tamer so I suppose recounting these events might come across as Walter Mittyesque. Trust me - it really was that mental (and utterly exhilarating). There are plenty on here who witnessed/were involved in those events who will back me up on that one.

I don't know that it's tamer these days P. Every day seems to have stories on the news about an unprovoked attack resulting in the death of a teenager.

I'm convinced it's a result of all the kids not being able to separate the fiction of their computer game from the fact of their life.

• Members

I don't know that it's tamer these days P. Every day seems to have stories on the news about an unprovoked attack resulting in the death of a teenager.

I'm convinced it's a result of all the kids not being able to separate the fiction of their computer game from the fact of their life.

I agree Micky - the 'tamer' comment was aimed at the (now scarce) football terraces part. I have Sky UK on all the time down here and some nightlife appears to be like entering a war zone.

Your comment actually caused me to reflect. Wondered why I would come across like that -

Trust me, I dont doubt for one minute the experiences you put on here arent true.

You are one of the WWays characters that make this site an addictive read.

• Members

Ironic isn't it that the decline of football violence that generally only involved the willing has coincided with an increase of mindless and unprovoked attacks on the unsuspecting.

A very fair point. The football stuff was our pressure relief valve. Now that has been taken away, I suppose steam has to be let off somewhere.

Always remember th'owd codgers saying 'a bout of National Service would sort you ruffians out'. Words of wisdom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.