Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rovers Fans At Chorley

HomerJay

This stuff is important -

"The new county boundaries are administrative areas, and will not alter the traditional boundaries of counties, nor is it intended that the loyalties of people living in them will change despite the different names adopted by the new administrative counties.?

Government statement issued on 1st April 1974 and printed in the Times newspaper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?I can confirm that the Government still stand by this statement,.?that the local authority areas and boundaries introduced in April 1974 do not alter the traditional boundaries of counties. The 1974 arrangements are entirely administrative, and need not affect long-standing loyalties and affinities.?

Michael Portillo MP, Minister of State for Local Government ? 11 July 1990

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?The legislation that currently defines counties for the purposes of administration of local government is the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended by various Orders in the 1990s). This legislation abolished the previous administrative counties, which were established by the Local Government Act 1933. However, these Acts did not specifically abolish traditional counties, so traditional counties still exist, but no longer for the purpose of the administration of local government.

Parjit Dhanda MP, PUSS at the Department for Communities & Local Government -16th April 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Bolton is still in Lancashire, Chorley is still in Lancashire, Salford, Manchester and Liverpool are still in Lancashire, even fecking Coniston is still in Lancashire. If someone made the French government responsible for England, you'd still be bloody English!

You young 'uns don't forget your heritage!

I have no idea how to post photos on here but I went out with my little angel earlier and noticed the 2 red rose flowers on the Horwich sign at the end of my road & so took a photo.

Now, I'm not sure if it's just to make the sign look nice, or if those two flowers mean something, but there you go.

I was born in Bolton - I am a Boltonian

Bolton was (and in my opinion still is) in Lancashire - I am Lancastrian

Lancashire is in England - I am English

As far as I'm concerned you can stick your Greater Manchester and Europe were the sun doesn't shine.

Not opinion, H, fact

This stuff is important -

"The new county boundaries are administrative areas, and will not alter the traditional boundaries of counties, nor is it intended that the loyalties of people living in them will change despite the different names adopted by the new administrative counties.?

Government statement issued on 1st April 1974 and printed in the Times newspaper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?I can confirm that the Government still stand by this statement,.?that the local authority areas and boundaries introduced in April 1974 do not alter the traditional boundaries of counties. The 1974 arrangements are entirely administrative, and need not affect long-standing loyalties and affinities.?

Michael Portillo MP, Minister of State for Local Government ? 11 July 1990

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?The legislation that currently defines counties for the purposes of administration of local government is the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended by various Orders in the 1990s). This legislation abolished the previous administrative counties, which were established by the Local Government Act 1933. However, these Acts did not specifically abolish traditional counties, so traditional counties still exist, but no longer for the purpose of the administration of local government.

Parjit Dhanda MP, PUSS at the Department for Communities & Local Government -16th April 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Bolton is still in Lancashire, Chorley is still in Lancashire, Salford, Manchester and Liverpool are still in Lancashire, even fecking Coniston is still in Lancashire. If someone made the French government responsible for England, you'd still be bloody English!

You young 'uns don't forget your heritage!

Liverpool is still in Lancashire

I was born in Bolton - I am a Boltonian

Bolton was (and in my opinion still is) in Lancashire - I am Lancastrian

Lancashire is in England - I am English

As far as I'm concerned you can stick your Greater Manchester and Europe were the sun doesn't shine.

Refererendum required on both counts methinks.

• Site Supporter

I've got an original engraved map from 1840 on me wall; just got it out of its frame to scan it and in the process broke the fucking glass :angry:

Lancashire as it was and still is

gallery_7_32_394816.jpg

Nah, it's a forgery that Satan. If you zoom in it shows that Leigh had a railway station. Bollocks that!