Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crying Out Method.

gonzo

i feel like ive got a whole romanian orphanage inside my fucking house.

whoever devised the method of 'i know the best way to get your baby to sleep,put it in its cot and let the fucker scream its head out at decibel levels ac-fucking-dc would be proud of until it goes to sleep,which could be anytime between now and 2036!'...... wants to come and sit with me right now.

that is all.

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter

i feel like ive got a whole romanian orphanage inside my fucking house.

whoever devised the method of 'i know the best way to get your baby to sleep,put it in its cot and let the fucker scream its head out at decibel levels ac-fucking-dc would be proud of until it goes to sleep,which could be anytime between now and 2036!'...... wants to come and sit with me right now.

that is all.

with you there mate,and share your pain, I fucked that method off after about 20 minutes,way I see it,any method that doesn't work after that length of time is shit anyway. pissed the wife off, but it's all right thinking these super nanny types on TV and writing shit in magazines know everything , but they don't have to listen to it all night with no sleep then get up at 6 and do a days work.

I'm more favourable of he " you get up and give him what he wants to get him to shut the fuck up love" method myself, and I find that helps me sleep a lot better :D

Put the Hoover on

1 consistent noise lulls them to sleep

2 you can't hear them

Ps... Only for 5 mins mind you

NB and I hate this bloody iPad, it's got mind of it's own

Edited by Mona

• Site Supporter

Funnily enough, our 11 month old has just this minute finally stopped crying and has (touch wood) fallen asleep. Its unusual for him as he is usually a good sleeper but he is overtired (yes its a stupid fucking phrase but it does apply to kids unfortunately). We have always gone for the middle ground when it comes to sleep - don't go to him at every whimper or rock him to sleep but also don't leave him to bawl for hours on end. Seems to work for us, well, usually...

It's a baby for crying out loud!

A librium and a swill of brandy will suffice.

:D ....all is quiet on the western front at the moment by the way!

in the old days,id reach for channel 906 with one ear on the creeking floor boards(damn you boiler!,,you have denied me many-o-wank!)

now im scared to press the space bar incase it wakes the lad!

• Site Supporter

Neighbours used to put theirs in the car seat and drive round, always sent them to sleep.

disclaimer: I know fuck all about this sort of thing by the way.

aye that works a treat, but, these folk who know best say to do it as Gonzo describes, they reckon it's best in the long run,but as Gonzo points out,not only noisy as fuck, but it's also hard to ignore your child when somethings obviously up with him/her, and for that reason iamout as the natives on here say, and always have been with mine.

Funnily enough, our 11 month old has just this minute finally stopped crying and has (touch wood) fallen asleep. Its unusual for him as he is usually a good sleeper but he is overtired (yes its a stupid fucking phrase but it does apply to kids unfortunately). We have always gone for the middle ground when it comes to sleep - don't go to him at every whimper or rock him to sleep but also don't leave him to bawl for hours on end. Seems to work for us, well, usually...

spot on....always boggles me why if your baby misses its morning or afto nap,its then a nightmare getting em to sleep at night?

mines 1 year old the day we play arsenal...... :gun:

Takes me back. I remember when my lad was about six months old - twelve years ago. We were staying in a hotel at Stansted prior to getting a holiday flight at half past daft. Usual thing, one in the morning and the boy screaming his head off. Muggins here delegated to walk him round in his buggy until he dropped off to sleep.

Half way around the car park and taxi draws up bringing bride and groom (bride in full white kit) back to hotel from their wedding reception. Cue my advice to groom "Enjoy tonight pal, cos this is the future!" Groom smiled then looked slightly worried. Bride frowned and security mon on hotel door very nearly pissed himself.

Happy days.

• Site Supporter

:D ....all is quiet on the western front at the moment by the way!

in the old days,id reach for channel 906 with one ear on the creeking floor boards(damn you boiler!,,you have denied me many-o-wank!)

now im scared to press the space bar incase it wakes the lad!

Memories- would refrain from even going for a piss, for fear of the creeking floor boards waking ours up!

Thank fook he was born in Oct.- the nights were dark early, so could creep down the garden for slash in the shrubs!