Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mobile Phone Upgrade

Widnes Two Hats

I'd rather have Windows now; I mean it will be the recognised alternative to IOS soon.

I find it a bit of a chore to use. The back button (all soft UI buttons for that matter) are a nightmare. There are so many devices using it with different capabilities that there isn't a standard resolution, which means that apps that look fine on some devices look appalling on others. Also, support and updates are nowhere near as good as they should be; this article is pretty scathing: http://theunderstatement.com/post/11982112928/android-orphans-visualizing-a-sad-history-of-support

FWIW I have an iPhone, but I'm hardly a fanboy. I only have a 3GS but it just works and does pretty much everything I'd expect and need from it well. Some of my issues with Android won't be a problem for a lot of people and it is fine for what it does, but if you aren't that fussed about apps etc then why bother with a top end smartphone at all? The Lumia is really fun to use, and I find it nicer than the Galaxy 2 or any HTC I've used recently.

Each to their own though obviously

I have no qualms about recommending an HTC to anyone... had mine a year and it's near enough as good as a laptop to me... does everything I want and even powered my home internet for 6 weeks when i moved

You can kick my balls but don't touch my HTC

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought an HTC Evo 3D from Asda online of all places for ?229

Sim free, so in goes my ?10 giff gaff

Its dual core, 4.3 " of super fast goodness, and Android ICS on its way

The 3D although a novelty is actually rather good, and is only on if you choose it

I've just bought an HTC Evo 3D from Asda online of all places for ?229

Sim free, so in goes my ?10 giff gaff

Its dual core, 4.3 " of super fast goodness, and Android ICS on its way

The 3D although a novelty is actually rather good, and is only on if you choose it

Iamalmostin (story of my life, really!)

Why should I get one of these and not become a (iPhone) Wanker?

Iamalmostin (story of my life, really!)

Why should I get one of these and not become a (iPhone) Wanker?

Can't help you there as I've never had an Iphone!

I think the reason the phone hasn't sold is the 3d thing hasn't taken off on mobiles, although it works well and its rather good (the camera lets you choose 2d or 3d)

Have a skip through this for a bit more info

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-evo-3d-sim-free-229-asda-1141434

Ultimately for me, what would an iphone cost - ?30 a month on an 24 month contract versus this and a ?10 a month giff gaff sim?

Spec wise its a top end phone for not much dosh!! And should get the new Android 4.0 software update.