Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Daughter celebrated her 21st Birthday yesterday. Her boyfriend hired her a hot-tub as part of her pressie and they used our two gazebos on the back garden. A 6m x 3m one and a 4 x 3 one. Both are now in  a twisted heap of poles and material. Brian, you are a wanker!

• Site Supporter

I get all about the forecast and if they'd called it Hurricane Brian or Typhoon Brian or even Gale Force Wind Brian, then things may have been different. Problem is, as she'd already paid for the hot tub it was a case of doing what we could with as much weight dangling on both gazebos in an effort to keep them on the ground.

She reckons she's having a 21.5 year birthday next May or June in an effort to ensure better weather.
Oh joy, it's like paying to heat a 100 gallon kettle! Thank fuck I'm not on a water meter.

• Site Supporter

Yesterday was a shocker, driving back with my son on the M 62 over the tops was crazy with that lashing rain, never knew a car could lose it's balance so quickly with the gusts.

Once got blown from nearside lane to offside lane on M62 at Saddleworth. I was in a Capri at the time. Wouldn't like to have done it in a box van.

• 3 weeks later...

The wife was involved in gritting procedures for a while. I didn't appreciate the amount of technology and analysis that goes into it all. She gave a lecture about different frosts but for some reason it didn't quite sink in. :)

I reckon me and your wife would empty a room :D