Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St Georges Day...

gonzo

How very dare you!

There's no Aussies round these parts.

If your down for the match it's 'The Pride Of Halliwell' on Queens Park this Saturday (Bolton School Side), now before anyone starts it's not a gay thing, it's homemade foods festival with three marquees full of food cooked fresh from recipes world wide by people originating from them. You'll feel right at home Traf :). Oh, and a funfair to keep Diddles occupied :)

I'm not a Halal meat eater myself but it does smell quite nice, especially the tropical stuff :). Starts at 10am I'm informed

Edited by Breightmet Boy

If your down for the match it's 'The Pride Of Halliwell' on Queens Park this Saturday (Bolton School Side), now before anyone starts it's not a gay thing, it's homemade foods festival with three marquees full of food cooked fresh from recipes world wide by people originating from them. You'll feel right at home Traf :). Oh, and a funfair to keep Diddles occupied :)

I'm not a Halal meat eater myself but it does smell quite nice, especially the tropical stuff :). Starts at 10am I'm informed

sounds good! may well pop down

http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/bolton/events/351930/respect-me-respect-you

• Members

400 Poms packed into the Woodvale Tavern. St Georges Day festivities coinciding with the football Grand Final Brisbane v Perth (Brissie won 2-1 with a dodgy penalty).

60 scooters, 88 scooterists. Sun out but a nippy 25C meaning coats had to be worn whilst riding. Everyone has their cross to bear :D

StGday1.jpg

StGday2.jpg

StGday3.jpg

Edited by bolty58

• Members

What time did you all start launching the garden furniture at the foreigners?

We were primed for it but the convicts didn't front.

Swanny - not into the excess mirror thing meself although my first Lambretta in 1969 was modded up. Had everything since, chopper, street racer, rat - you name it. Generally now I like them to look like they came off the production line but with a 'dealer special' type paint job (God bless Eddie Grimstead).

IMGP0739.jpg

PC210010.jpg

• Site Supporter

First day back at work for a couple of weeks. First job was to take the crappy GMC Fire Service flag down and replace it with a flag of St. George.

Just driven past Butchers Arms (Victory) and the RIP LION OF VIENNA flag covers much of the frontage of the pub.

Totally passed me by this year.

Got in work early to find there'd been a powercut. So had to fight my way back home through rush-hour. Then had to go to a meeting without the necessary items I was meant to be taking - which meant a lot of blagging.

Then a funeral at church in Darcy, then Overdale, then the wake. Then played 5-a-side, got home, flicked on Facebook and spotted all the banter - and remembered by which time it was nearly 10pm.

Hope you all had a good day.