Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Memories

miamiwhite

Having done around 60 England games and being half vut now,a couple of my faves which made me proud to be English

warsaw '99 - after serious trouble,1,500 england in the ground giving it the ''if it wasn't for the english you'd be krauts''

france 2000 or 2001 - 10,000 english doing the same chant

scotland '99 - beating them 2-0 at hampden

scotland 84,85,86,87,88,89 - superb days,the tartan army knew their days were over

Having done around 60 England games and being half vut now,a couple of my faves which made me proud to be English

warsaw '99 - after serious trouble,1,500 england in the ground giving it the ''if it wasn't for the english you'd be krauts''

scotland 84,85,86,87,88,89 - superb days,the tartan army knew their days were over

august 14 2013 scotland at wembley, put that in your diary

poland is always a great trip

germany 2006 world cup was probably the last time i enjoyed it properly

although went berlin since and had a laugh

saying that copenhagen was good too last year

aah fuck it, im off to ukraine at the weekend

your kid was telling me one time you were in there end... and a jock said to him if you score again i will stab you :thumbsup:

Best home game has to be England v Turkey up at Sunderland, it was booting up outside the ground for fun, Leeds had a fine mob out.

2nd best home was England v Northern Ireland at OT. Went to a private party later, enough said.

Away games Germany 5-1, the main square in Munich was brilliant. The Argentina win in 2002, we was still drinking in the bars in Sapporro at 8am after the game.

one and only england away for me...germany 5-1 with smiffs and co...

superb debut....loads of england infighting on the friday followed by tear gas and riot police on the saturday...

call me a cynic...but im not too convinced everyone had tickets in the england end that day... :D

Question for the England veterans on here. When and why did our support change from being normal working class geezers up for a piss up/punch up - to the new breed of middle/upper class Jeremy and Jasons that seem to follow England now?

euro 96

Question for the England veterans on here. When and why did our support change from being normal working class geezers up for a piss up/punch up - to the new breed of middle/upper class Jeremy and Jasons that seem to follow England now?

A lot of the former still go but anyone from England going for a punch up will get nicked pretty sharpish these days. Yet thats a generalisation that can be directed at any Premier league club including ours. Yep Euro 96, Nick Hornby and Soccer AM are to blame.

yes '96 and all the face paints started attracting the middle classes.

i jacked competitive away matches after we drubbed the nazis 5-1,wouldn't get better than that.

did return for the ricketts debacle/debut in the 2002 nederlands friendly

last home game was the turkey match in 2003. proper lads were everywhere that night. scotland next year will be the same esp in the afternoon round the usual haunts

• Site Supporter

Had some great England away days, some of the best:- Rome 1997, beating Germany 5-1 and the jocks 2-0 at hampden. I also enjoyed Belfast when we got beat 1-0 too.

Worst was Moscow, missed my flight home, cost me ?600 to get back. Dump of a place too

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.