Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Redundancies At The Bok

Ratwhite

As in all businesses the big savings on salaries are made at the top of the organisation. Goodbye Phil, I would love to say its was good to know you, but it wasnt so I wont say it.

So, who'd run the club then? Would it be like a commune, or should the lad in the ticket office take up the helm?

If you've not enjoyed the ride whilst he's been the chairman then I don't know what you find entertaining.

So, who'd run the club then? Would it be like a commune, or should the lad in the ticket office take up the helm?

If you've not enjoyed the ride whilst he's been the chairman then I don't know what you find entertaining.

I don't understand how anyone can say he has failed as a chairman

I don't understand how anyone can say he has failed as a chairman

To be fair, that does seem to be a matter of opinion, but what I thought was horseshit was to get rid of the chairman as if we weren't going to get another.

Aye, alreet.

• Site Supporter

It's a shame that all the good times go out of the window at times like this; particularly in football. A manager or Chairman can have years and years of success but one blip and folk call for their heads.

I would find him being away from the Reebok quite entertaining and for that matter it would be a just move. Why should the people on the pit face be the only ones to suffer? I have just re read my script and at no point in it did I suggest that the ticket office take charge. I would like to see him replaced with someone maybe younger and with a new look at the situation the club finds itself in. Horse shit my arse.

I would find him being away from the Reebok quite entertaining and for that matter it would be a just move. Why should the people on the pit face be the only ones to suffer? I have just re read my script and at no point in it did I suggest that the ticket office take charge. I would like to see him replaced with someone maybe younger and with a new look at the situation the club finds itself in. Horse shit my arse.

And he'd probably be as well paid as Gartside, so how's that saving money?

I like the pitface comment though. That's amusing.

And he'd probably be as well paid as Gartside, so how's that saving money?

I like the pitface comment though. That's amusing.

Sometimes it is not about saving money, it is about getting more from the money you are spending. A new face with different ideas, fresh ideas could be what the club needs. That is my opinion and this site is about opinions, the more opinions the better.

Sometimes it is not about saving money, it is about getting more from the money you are spending. A new face with different ideas, fresh ideas could be what the club needs. That is my opinion and this site is about opinions, the more opinions the better.

So, when you put this, you didn't really mean that, you meant you don't want Garty there anymore.

As in all businesses the big savings on salaries are made at the top of the organisation.

One of his first jobs as to get BSA in, after that there have been more than 10 years as an established Premier League side, signings like Ngotti, Campo, Okocha, Bobic, Hierro and more. Two seasons in Europe. Yes we've diced with death a few times, finally getting relegated last match of last season.

Without Phil Gartside we would have been fucked, and been added to the list of fucked clubs, Leeds, Portsmouth, Charlton. The list goes on.

We don't know how well off at the top we've been.

One of his first jobs as to get BSA in, after that there have been more than 10 years as an established Premier League side, signings like Ngotti, Campo, Okocha, Bobic, Hierro and more. Two seasons in Europe. Yes we've diced with death a few times, finally getting relegated last match of last season.

Without Phil Gartside we would have been fucked, and been added to the list of fucked clubs, Leeds, Portsmouth, Charlton. The list goes on.

We don't know how well off at the top we've been.

Of course Juan this is your opinion and I appreciate it. Mine is that he took a lot of credit that belongs to BSA alone. Irrelevent really my point is it is time for a change at the top now, history is history we should be looking forward to the future.

If Garty hadn't appointed BSA there would have been no credit to claim. The 10+ seasons in the top division, and the signings I mentioned are not my opinion, they are fact. All of them and more contributed to our continued success.

My point about us being fucked without him is, as you rightly say, my opinion.

I would imagine Gartside will now have a more hands on approach at running the Football Club as a chairman, what with us now having no CEO anymore.

BTW, is Gartside still on the FA Board? I know he'll no longer be on Premier League Board but wondered if he was 'kicked off' the FA one too.

• Moderators

As in all businesses the big savings on salaries are made at the top of the organisation. Goodbye Phil, I would love to say its was good to know you, but it wasnt so I wont say it.

We all know what Phil and Ducko earn, I'm guessing most of the playing staff dwarf that. Ergo the largest savings aren't at the top. In any case, Phil is basically Eddie's right hand man.

It doesn't really compare to a pit but relegation = less ticket sales = less staff. It's not really a conspiracy. As always though, companies use these as excercise to get rid of the deadwood too.

We all know what Phil and Ducko earn, I'm guessing most of the playing staff dwarf that. Ergo the largest savings aren't at the top. In any case, Phil is basically Eddie's right hand man.

It doesn't really compare to a pit but relegation = less ticket sales = less staff. It's not really a conspiracy. As always though, companies use these as excercise to get rid of the deadwood too.

GM? (Not Mary Spunkson, the other one