Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tabs And Phones

stevieb

I lost interest in phone technology for a while and had iPhone 3G for 3.5 years

But my interest is returning and am going to get something new

Fancy the nexus 4 as I can get it on contract for £25 a month for 2 years

Galaxy's and that seem a tad more pricey so other that the fact it's not 4g ready, I fancy nexus

Does it really matter about 4g? 3G seems alright these days to me

In a nutshell, is it still worth getting a nexus 4 for 2 years or will I be stuck with a shit out of date phone? Should I be arsed?

My Nexus 4 get 16,000 kbps download on Three the other day. Fast enough for me. I bought mine outright so that it will easy to upgrade in 12/18 months time. Two years seems a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does it need a video out, or do you just shove that cable into the micro-USB that you use to charge the device? - my Galaxy 3S doesnt have any video out but I have a similar cable that manages to work..........I don't know how or why though Edited by CWP

• 4 weeks later...

I want a cheap one for my Dad for Christmas

All he'll be using it for is games and general browsing

Who knows of any cheapish decent one?

Tesco's new tablet looks good for £119.

It takes up to 32GB SD card and also has HDMI out.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a521714/tesco-hudl-review-a-great-value-for-money-tablet.html

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, not the same as mine. Can't see any indication of HMDI connectivity.

Personally, I wouldn't get one without HMDI, but that's just my own preference.

... but if you're just going to sit there with it on your lap and have no intention of downloading filums and hooking it up to your telly then I guess it wouldn't matter.

Android wanker - What the fcuk is HMDI?

No HDMI out on there so Iamout.  For that price though they look like a good stocking filler.

Anyone got one of those Tesco ones yet?  Looking at getting one of those for a Christmas present so would be good to know if anyone's had a play with one.

No HDMI out on there so Iamout.  For that price though they look like a good stocking filler.

Anyone got one of those Tesco ones yet?  Looking at getting one of those for a Christmas present so would be good to know if anyone's had a play with one.

I have changed my mind after a bit of research, I'm sure them others are fine but have been told to get the Tesco ones, so am going to pick 2 up at lunch and see if I have any club card points.

Just get a couple of black ones and spray paint them.

It's quicker and easier to just dunk them into a tin of paint and then wipe the screen clean, if you spray paint them you have to do it in a well ventilated room and wear a mask and all that shit, far too much hassle

Tomski, did you get them?

Have you had a play yet?

Sorry I did get them, they are presents so haven't opened em up. But had a fiddle in the shop on there one and navigation is straight forward and perfect for what I was looking for. The ordering service is spot on as well.