Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Suits

Judge Fudge

Got a job interview next week and in past I've never needed one for work and always just bought a £40 throwaway one for weddings etc, so only ones I've got are shit.

Thinks its about time I got a decent one.

So where's best place get a quality one without shelling out a fortune?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suits from Next are decent and I'm pretty sure the sale is starting this Saturday - if it is, go early (6am) have your size for jackets and trousers ready as they don't have fittings rooms open

Suits from Next are decent and I'm pretty sure the sale is starting this Saturday - if it is, go early (6am) have your size for jackets and trousers ready as they don't have fittings rooms open

I've been Next sale once before with the missus. Never, ever again.

I was like a Bombay street market. Half of Daubhill and Halliwell must of been there.

Got a job interview next week and in past I've never needed one for work and always just bought a £40 throwaway one for weddings etc, so only ones I've got are shit.

Thinks its about time I got a decent one.

So where's best place get a quality one without shelling out a fortune?

Debenhams blue cross sale, I picked up a cracker

Avoid Ted Baker suits like the plague, they last about 2 weeks

You can pick up some really nice Alexandre suits from House of Fraser for not much over a couple of hundred quid when they have their sale on.

And they always seem to have sales on!

Obviously depends on your budget though pal.

M&S have nice suits that aren't expensive too

Try Slaters in Manchester City Centre. I get all my suits from there and have never been disappointed with the price or quality. They do offer a value range too so ask for the £59 suit selection. All alterations are free of charge too

HTH

I used to go to Slaters in the early 90s. Park outside, early saturday morning, run in, choose a suit within 90 seconds (it helps that I was the same size as the dummy [or, should I say, I have a model figure].

But after the Manchester bombing in 1996 the parking attendants were vigilant.

I used to go to Slaters in the early 90s. Park outside, early saturday morning, run in, choose a suit within 90 seconds (it helps that I was the same size as the dummy [or, should I say, I have a model figure].

But after the Manchester bombing in 1996 the parking attendants would run like fuck

But after the Manchester bombing in 1996 the parking attendants were vigilant.

It's moved since then Malc

My first ever suit was from Slaters