Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Has "high" Suicide Rate

Freddie_Hill

BOLTON has a higher suicide rate than England’s average and an “uncharacteristically high” rate for women.

The figures, released as part of a document which aims to plan how to reduce suicide rates in Bolton, shows that between 2008 and 2010, there were 102 suicides in the borough.

Deprivation, loneliness, depression and stress, relationship problems, drugs and alcohol, and unemployment are blamed for Bolton’s high suicide rates.

Jayne Wood, the suicide lead for Bolton Primary Care Trust and part of the Bolton Suicide Prevention Partnership, said they needed to educate different groups, including housing associations, GPs, the fire service and pharmacies about prevention.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10621084.Bolton_has__high__suicide_rate/

Maybe the trend will reverse now that Coyle has gone.

How low must you be to have to commit suicide? - it must be grimmer than grim if that's what somebody thinks is the only way out.

The mind can be wicked at times I often think how sad it is that it gets to a level where folk generally believe its their best way out. I have changed my opinion alot in recent years and certainly don't buy this its an easy way out theory.

How low must you be to have to commit suicide? - it must be grimmer than grim if that's what somebody thinks is the only way out.

My cousin did it a few years back,hose pipe/exhaust jobby.

Certainly wasn't a knee jerk of a decision,he borrowed the hose pipe off my dad on the Friday and Didn't do it till the Sunday.

Even gaffa taped all his windows so no fumes could get out just to make sure.

All because his wife left him.

Bloody crackers.

Edited by gonzo

Some of the most heart-breaking stories I have read have been suicide stories. Terrible.

My 11 year old nephew was over-heard talking to himself about hurting himself....bloody broke my heart.

Edited by Pablo

• Members

The stigma of talking about it has to be removed...

As has the tendency to blame tragedies entirely on environmental factors; from loan companies, internet forums to heavy metal music or video games...Anything but analyse why folk within our society feel there is no other way out.

Rubbish.  It's all Quick Quid's fault.

As has the tendency to blame tragedies entirely on environmental factors; from loan companies, internet forums to heavy metal music or video games...Anything but analyse why folk within our society feel there is no other way out.

Am I reading this wrong, but are you saying people are less likely to blame outside factors these days? 

My cousin did it a few years back,hose pipe/exhaust jobby.

Certainly wasn't a knee jerk of a decision,he borrowed the hose pipe off my dad on the Friday and Didn't do it till the Sunday.

Even gaffa taped all his windows so no fumes could get out just to make sure.

All because his wife left him.

Bloody crackers.

did he get the hose pipe back :shiftyninja:

did he get the hose pipe back :shiftyninja:

Haha don't think he did mate.

So lesson learned there...never ever lend your hosepipe to a bloke who just been given the Spanish archer by his maud.

You can pick a decent one up at B&Q or less than a tenner nowadays.

Haha don't think he did mate.

So lesson learned there...never ever lend your hosepipe to a bloke who just been given the Spanish archer by his maud.

You can pick a decent one up at B&Q or less than a tenner nowadays.

A new tart for a tenner ?  Which B&Q is this at ?

I did wonder. :) You want to give your post a read again then ;)

I'm still not following, but it might just be me writing what makes sense in my mind. I said the stigma has to be removed, as has the tendency to blame environmental factors (as opposed to psychological/organic)...

The way that the media handled the recent one for example, I think everyone knows which one I'm referring to...They've refused to budge from their fundamentally wrong 'angle' on the story and in the process manipulated one of the relatives of the person. There's been certain new facts that have come to light, yet they've persisted in...well I won't say no more because it might be misconstrued as being unsympathetic or an attack on the victim/family.

Edited by Youri McAnespie