Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere 1 Wanderers 1

bolton va va

Anything less than that won't satisfy a section of some of our "support"

I wonder how many/much of our support think that as a club we "should" be pushing for a top 10 in the PL each season - it seems that some do think this, although I'm not sure why

I really don't get folk hitting the panic button so soon, the poor man hasn't been in the job for a year yet and folk want to get shut, Rome wasn't built in a day.

We're never going to win every game we play, we're always going to have our ups and downs it's part of supporting this club, it's what we do. I know the results aren't going our way at the minute but FFS we will get there, it might take a while but it will happen.

We've no money and we never will have so we can't and will never be able to compete with the "bigger clubs" and i wish folk would realise that.

All football fans want success but only a small minority actually get that.

I've supported this club for 40 years and it's always been the same and always will be, and the sooner folk realise we are what we are the fucking better

• Site Supporter

Trouble is we've been victims of our own success. Theres a lot of our late teen/early 20's following that have never known anything other than premier league and our current position is seen as failure.

There are far bigger teams than us in our league who ought to be screaming for success more than us but chopping and changing all the time won't do us any good. Wolves fans would give anything to be in our position right now.

At least we aren't owned by the venky's

it ain't the teenagers that are doing the moaning, they are banging away singing Walking Down the Manny Road!

One of them did break a seat in disgust at the loss though.

I agree though, the main body of whingers/whiners tend to be the 35yr to 45yr bracket of fans, not so much the owd duffers or the yoof

I agree though, the main body of whingers/whiners tend to be the 35yr to 45yr bracket of fans, not so much the owd duffers or the yoof

The worst whingers are the ones that were too young to really endure the misery before Rioch but then just old enough to see the Rioch side storm through the leagues playing a superb style of football. They think that is easy to achieve, and of course then they had Allardyce's years to enjoy. They never experienced properly being shit in the bottom two divisions with little real hope of not being shit.

I really don't get folk hitting the panic button so soon, the poor man hasn't been in the job for a year yet and folk want to get shut, Rome wasn't built in a day.

We're never going to win every game we play, we're always going to have our ups and downs it's part of supporting this club, it's what we do. I know the results aren't going our way at the minute but FFS we will get there, it might take a while but it will happen.

We've no money and we never will have so we can't and will never be able to compete with the "bigger clubs" and i wish folk would realise that.

All football fans want success but only a small minority actually get that.

I've supported this club for 40 years and it's always been the same and always will be, and the sooner folk realise we are what we are the fucking better

Who did you support before you turned 21?

Again, as a football fan if you cannot have a good moan after last night then you never can!

I appreciate that we have performed above our natural order for some time but where is our natural place? For me it's anywhere between top 5 championship and bottom 5 prem going off our total history / standings.

At the moment we are well bellow that, I honestly think a fair few well organised league 1 teams would take points off us at present let alone shockingly disorganised ones like Tranmere.

Just because we spent a season in the 4th tier in the 80's does not mean we should be happy with every bag of dog shit served up.

Now I'm not calling for his head and I don't think many are at all. However some think he is getting found out and are stating as much just as the first few did with OC.

We will know more next week once we have been to Blackburn and the window is shut.

In the meantime moan away!!!!

• Moderators

This blind faith shit really annoys me.

Just because I'm not en route to leyland paints for a tin of black emulsion with one of my mums old bed sheets,does that diagnose me with blind faith?

Do you really think anyone on here that's saying give the bloke time thinks that Dougie freedman is the next Jose and he's going to lead us out of the wilderness and have us in the champions league in 3 seasons flat?

It's all about putting things into perspective and looking at te situation rationally.

Something I don't think any of you moon men are capable of doing.

We have played 4 league games this season,if we were to sack Dougie freedman on the back of 2 losses in 4 games we would be the laughing stock of European football and the LMA would launch and investigation.

It's the talk of the clinicly insane.

If by Christmas we are still nowhere further then yes,I think the situation may need addressing.

But please give up with this happy clapper blind faith bull shit,it's beyond pathetic and a childish retort to cover your own irrational behaviour.

seems to me there's a line and whichever side of it you go, you're labelled the extreme, by the other side

have a moan about the QPR game and the apparent lack of direction and you're in the DF out brigade

say we didn't have the players and had to try something different and you're in the blind faith in DF camp

fact is we are wank at the moment, that could easily change saturday and I hope DF can sort it, but right now, I think the squad is a bit of a mess and he doesn't know what to do with it for the best

I neither want him out or am happy with how it's going, and I don't have any real expectations for the season

think the best place to be is the fence right now

Moan all day long for me.

I've been moaning all day,I moaned for about an hour to my old man on the phone this morning.

But suicidal maniacs like captimed and others are the ones my post was directed at.

Nobody was happy last night,nobody was happy after forest.

Insane ramblings of the club heading back to the 1980's and sacking chairmen and managers are just that...insane.

• Moderators

Moan all day long for me.

I've been moaning all day,I moaned for about an hour to my old man on the phone this morning.

But suicidal maniacs like captimed and others are the ones my post was directed at.

Nobody was happy last night,nobody was happy after forest.

Insane ramblings of the club heading back to the 1980's and sacking chairmen and managers are just that...insane.

aye but there will no doubt be someone, if we beat blackburn, who says "everyone wanted DF out last week"

they're just as bad

Yeah, old twats. Yoof,yoof,yoof, yoof.

• Moderators

I don’t want doogie out. I can’t see anyone doing that much of a better job with the budget he has.

We haven’t really spent any money for 3 seasons, thats the reason why we are where we are now. I am sure the managers would have spent the money, if they had been given it.

We aren’t going up and I’ve said that since summer. We haven’t got the quality or the desire to get promoted.

The shit will really hit the fan next summer when our parachute payments dramatically reduce. That’s when we will start to sign the journey men you see at other championship clubs.

The knock on effect will be crowds reducing and fans moaning even more (if that is possible) So its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The fans who say we are going up this year are the ones looking through rose tinted specs. It’s not happening.

Wake up….We are shit…but its been a good journey.

I don’t want doogie out. I can’t see anyone doing that much of a better job with the budget he has.

We haven’t really spent any money for 3 seasons, thats the reason why we are where we are now. I am sure the managers would have spent the money, if they had been given it.

We aren’t going up and I’ve said that since summer. We haven’t got the quality or the desire to get promoted.

The shit will really hit the fan next summer when our parachute payments dramatically reduce. That’s when we will start to sign the journey men you see at other championship clubs.

The knock on effect will be crowds reducing and fans moaning even more (if that is possible) So its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The fans who say we are going up this year are the ones looking through rose tinted specs. It’s not happening.

Wake up….We are shit…but its been a good journey.

thats the key word for me, showed massively in the QPR game.

Having seen the highlights from the game, I think Knight's 'error' has been massively exaggerated. It was only a 50/50 ball from what I saw.

Granted, one of his biggest faults is not putting his head where it hurts, and he wasn't as committed as he should be as a 6ft 7in centre half, but we all know that already.

As for where we should expect to be, I saw somewhere that out of all of last seasons' Championship clubs, we had more top flight seasons than anyone else. One more than Rovers. But football moves in cycles for the most part, just get behind us FFS.

Not seen or heard many saying Dougie should go. They are just saying he hasn't got it right so far this season. We should all hope the guy gets it right otherwise whats the point? Saying we are shite at the minute doesn't mean I dont support the club or that I want the manager sacked.

seems to me there's a line and whichever side of it you go, you're labelled the extreme, by the other side

have a moan about the QPR game and the apparent lack of direction and you're in the DF out brigade

say we didn't have the players and had to try something different and you're in the blind faith in DF camp

fact is we are wank at the moment, that could easily change saturday and I hope DF can sort it, but right now, I think the squad is a bit of a mess and he doesn't know what to do with it for the best

I neither want him out or am happy with how it's going, and I don't have any real expectations for the season

think the best place to be is the fence right now

Aye

I was pissed off on Saturday as I thought it was particularly poor. And I was vocal on here about it

But I wasn't after last night

Maybe because I didn't go?

And I still think we'll be ok this season

I hope

There's no extremities needed just yet for me