Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coffee

Pablo

• 2 weeks later...

Went for an Expresso from John Lewis. Looked the easiest to use, got a good deal I think, only downside is the tray thing is attached so can't get big cups under but don't think that will be an issue. Has built in milk frother thing and the pods are a piece of piss to use.

Asked the chap in JL for his advice and said from the start Iam not buying today but he still spent 20min with me going through it all. Went to the apple store sorted a glitch out & went back to JL & bought it. The customer service in JL & apple is superb but they don't do anything flash or complicated just treat the customer with respect & don't act "salesy" it really is that simple.

Went for an Expresso from John Lewis. Looked the easiest to use, got a good deal I think, only downside is the tray thing is attached so can't get big cups under but don't think that will be an issue. Has built in milk frother thing and the pods are a piece of piss to use.

Asked the chap in JL for his advice and said from the start Iam not buying today but he still spent 20min with me going through it all. Went to the apple store sorted a glitch out & went back to JL & bought it. The customer service in JL & apple is superb but they don't do anything flash or complicated just treat the customer with respect & don't act "salesy" it really is that simple.

what did you get in the end ?

You may want to get a few espresso size cups, £1.50 is Asda.

A metal jug is needed to, for the milk frother.

Edited by Pablo

On the beans front you want to try Jamaican blue mountain coffee - expensive, but worth it. If you like the taste of a Spanish café con leche, these are a good deal. http://www.thetapaslunchcompany.co.uk/spanish-food/spanish-coffee/1kg-spanish-coffee-whole-bean-torrefacto - with 70/30 torrefacto beans, 30% of them are roasted in sugar which takes any bitterness away & it tastes a little sweeter than a lot of normal beans.