Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley 0 Wanderers 1

davidjack

What is interesting is that the BBC website has us having had 17 shots with a good 20 mins left

Watford won 4-0 earlier having having had 19 shots in the game

I know it doesn't mean much but surely we must be doing something right?!

See this is how it's been for Bolton for several weeks now.

I'm convinced that's why Beckford was dropped in favour of Mason, but it doesn't seem to have changed our "luck" in front of goal.

I can definitely see Dougie aiming for another striker in January.

What is interesting is that the BBC website has us having had 17 shots with a good 20 mins left

Watford won 4-0 earlier having having had 19 shots in the game

I know it doesn't mean much but surely we must be doing something right?!

24 in 22

tells a story

See this is how it's been for Bolton for several weeks now.

I'm convinced that's why Beckford was dropped in favour of Mason, but it doesn't seem to have changed our "luck" in front of goal.

I can definitely see Dougie aiming for another striker in January.

I still reckon Freedman was a little over eager to drop Beckford. All right he had a couple of shockers, but he was a big part of our most successful part of the season so far.

I would suggest that jules might be saying we're doing everything right apart from putting the chances away.

There's no denying we're in a terrible league position but as I've been saying for weeks, we're only an ounce of luck away from winning most games we've been playing.

Luck or summat else?

Luck or summat else?

Luck... or a 15-goal-a-season striker.

I'd like to think Beckford is that guy, and he looked like he was en route to that.

He did have a couple of really terrible games though, and like I said I can see why Dougie dropped him.

No professional striker should MISS a penalty. If it's saved, fair enough, but missing the goal is unforgivable.

I still reckon Freedman was a little over eager to drop Beckford. All right he had a couple of shockers, but he was a big part of our most successful part of the season so far.

Indeed

It was odd that; he seemed to be getting into his pomp before that pen

Maybe Mason had been fantastic in training?

i think Beckford puts away his penalty he would still be in the team

Agreed.

Maybe there's something about his attitude that we, as fans, just don't get to see.

Dougie used to be a striker so I'd like to hope he knows the difference between a dip in form and a bad player. Bringing in Mason on loan suggests he doesn't rate Beckford from what he's seen.

Agreed.

Maybe there's something about his attitude that we, as fans, just don't get to see.

Dougie used to be a striker so I'd like to hope he knows the difference between a dip in form and a bad player. Bringing in Mason on loan suggests he doesn't rate Beckford from what he's seen.

He brought him here!