Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley 0 Wanderers 1

davidjack

We're not talking about folk who miss a few games were talking about fans who disappear completely when the going gets tough. The mid 80s were a prime example 5000 fans kept the club alive, the 20 odd thousand who enjoyed the last 15-20 years can thank those who did not throw the towel in when times got hard and I don't mean anything like today's problems on a completely different scale back then.

There might only have been 5k who kept going but ask ANYONE from that time and no one will admit they fucked it off until we were back to the good days.

It will be the same in 10 years time. Everyone who fucks it off now because we're shit will be back for the good days claiming they never stopped.

I wasn't there for the last real dark days but if we have more bad days to come I sure as fuck will be now.

Bollocks.

I'm 28 and pretty sure the time Sam took over and the last days of Colin Todd were Utter bogwank at the nether regions of the championship... Hmm you may be right actually Dids

I would say the worst team / squad we've had for 22 years since Rioch took over all those years ago from Phil Neal. Anyone who disagrees I'd be happy to be proved wrong, so send me a worse one if you can find it.

However still no reason not to get to the matches when you can, have a few pints, eat a few pies, sing a few songs, boo, have a piss take with your mates, whatever, anything other than sitting around in the house over Xmas watching crap on TV

Rang ticket office, ordered over phone to collect @ Barnsley : £28 for the two of us.

Job done within 2 minutes: excellent service from BWFC ticket office.

Going getting 11 now.

Can't be arsed queuing at ticket office on Boxing Day, but at the same time can't be arsed moving now.

Fuming, got to ticket office, stopped selling at 2pm, couldn't see that advertised anywhere.

They said we always stop at 2pm day before a match.

I said are you open tomorrow? Why not stop at 2pm tomorrow, that's the equivalent of a Friday at 2pm.

Twats.

I'll phone up so we can collect at Barnsley rather than queuing for pay at gate.

What a waste of an hour.

Ticket office out.

Fuming, got to ticket office, stopped selling at 2pm, couldn't see that advertised anywhere.

They said we always stop at 2pm day before a match.

I said are you open tomorrow? Why not stop at 2pm tomorrow, that's the equivalent of a Friday at 2pm.

Twats.

I'll phone up so we can collect at Barnsley rather than queuing for pay at gate.

What a waste of an hour.

Ticket office out.

Surely won't be anything like Blackburn mate?

I'm just gonna pay on the gate if I end up going.