Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

One of the better options gone. If Boreham fucking Wood come up then I hope it’s our one game behind closed doors. 

I thought it'd be small but not that small.

(Not the first time I've heard that)

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I thought it'd be small but not that small.

(Not the first time I've heard that)

Just had a look at Wiki - capacity is 4500. Even friggin AFC Wimbledon held over 5000 and what a shed that is. Hope these stay down

11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Just had a look at Wiki - capacity is 4500. Even friggin AFC Wimbledon held over 5000 and what a shed that is. Hope these stay down

Got to be Notts County or Barnet now, other remaining options are really not good

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So after looking about 

earlier on this season notts county took 300 to borehamwood on a Tuesday night (great support btw)

in a crowd of 700....

Fucking hell! No snobbery at all, but they shouldn't be anywhere near L2!

14 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So after looking about 

earlier on this season notts county took 300 to borehamwood on a Tuesday night (great support btw)

in a crowd of 700....

They’ve been throwing money at it for a few years now. Owner has threatened to walk on numerous occasions if crowds didn’t improve. 

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Their ground is a joke for PL level as well

Yep but money talks. Clubs just need wealthy owners and anything is possible. Look at citeh .

It’s why the game is in the state it is. I like where we are now as it’s proper football with proper fans who want to be there cos they support their club no matter what.  

not like the Prem where the grounds are all full of kitchen sinks with their phones out. Not for me that. 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yep but money talks. Clubs just need wealthy owners and anything is possible. Look at citeh .

It’s why the game is in the state it is. I like where we are now as it’s proper football with proper fans who want to be there cos they support their club no matter what.  

not like the Prem where the grounds are all full of kitchen sinks with their phones out. Not for me that. 

Like I said it's not based on snobbery at all, fair play to them but even Bournemouth know that stadium is totally unsuitable for top level football, probably even Championship now it's just impossible for them to move by the sound of it. Expecting some of the biggest club followings in Europe to squeeze into that corner is mad.

15 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Like I said it's not based on snobbery at all, fair play to them but even Bournemouth know that stadium is totally unsuitable for top level football, probably even Championship now it's just impossible for them to move by the sound of it. Expecting some of the biggest club followings in Europe to squeeze into that corner is mad.

Bournemouth had the chance to make it bigger, they moved it round 180 degrees and never improved the capacity.

2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Bournemouth had the chance to make it bigger, they moved it round 180 degrees and never improved the capacity.

Why didnt they take the chance to expand, was it long before they ploughed up the divisions? Carlisle did similar with moving their pitch around didnt they, but only got half way through building the stands to go with it?

AFC Bournemouth thought at the time that they would be a run of the mill club hovering between Level 4 or Level 2, so I get the point of not building a massive fuck off stadium holding 35.000 when half the folk in town never knew they had a football team 10 years ago.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

fuck Bournmouth, shit club shit fans, end of.

Hopefully they have had their day in the sun, just like Wimbledon, Swindon and fucking Bradford. 

You can chuck in Brighton and Palace as well. Ridiculous that we are where we are and they are where they are.