Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Dion isn’t even on the bench.

Which makes his call-up and being kept on very strange indeed.

As he's there they could have put him on the bench with a known 'we won't put you on'. Not sure of the gain there, but it just seems there would be, somehow.

2 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Bradley scored a worldie against Scotland

Yes he did. Not one of his best games attack wise as Ireland were mainly defending but his work rate is incredible. Toal looked very steady in the middle and looks to be becoming a fixture in the team. Shame Dion didn’t get any time and I’m assuming that since he wasn’t even on a huge bench he won’t be available for Friday?

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'll put this here for perusal.

Obviously just paper talk, but there'll be some interesting reactions! :)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-uniteds-five-potential-temporary-28884960.amp

They will probably remain at OT and work around the construction like Spuds did at WHL or build a new stadium at another location like Citeh did.

7 minutes ago, freds dad said:

They will probably remain at OT and work around the construction like Spuds did at WHL or build a new stadium at another location like Citeh did.

Tbf don’t forget Spurs had a year or two away while WHL was rebuilt (as are Barcelona). Real Madrid probably the best example. 

11 minutes ago, freds dad said:

Moving to Kent to go green and less people travelling long distances- makes sense 

Just had a look at the championship and the Relegation  possibles.     Roverrrrrrs could find themselves in deep shit looking at their remaining games starting with Ipswich today.    They also have Southampton Leeds Coventry Leicester as well as a 6 pointer against Wednesday.     That's a tough run in.  Ah well.  

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Championship most exciting league in the world this year? 

3 still going for the league 

8 still in a relegation battle 

I love it. 

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

4k Ipswich at Blackburn on tv 

Ipswich's win was the sort I'd love us to get.  Jammy goal with a howler from the keeper.  Decent goal by opposition marginally disallowed - big slice of luck whether right or wrong decision.

Spent most of 2nd half defending deep, just soaking up the (limited) pressure and riding luck a bit.  

A lucky win away.  When did we last do that?  That's not a dig at us, that's just lamenting the fact that we don't seem to have that fortune to get the undeserved away wins, when did we last win away and come away thinking we weren't the better team on the day?  I bet Derby, Barnsley and Pompey have done that more than once, and that is arguably the difference between going up and not.