Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members

Good stuff. Blew them away in the third quarter. So many sports teams this part of the world are contrived and false. Been to the rugby and its wank, mexican waves during the first half etc

I know it's not your favourite game but there's real history in AFL. Richmond been going since the 1880s. I don't have a team but I live on Richmond Rd atm, plus the story about them meant I was supporting Richmond too. It's a tough game played by hard fellas with great foot and hand skill.

Lots of grown men crying at the final whistle. Really enjoyed the game.

Aye mate. All of those comments agreed with. I wouldn't tell any Aussie that though! Still get pleasure from asking 'How can you get a point for missing?'

A lot of people up there probably wouldn't know this but organised Aussie Rules precedes the world game. They were looking for something to do with cricket grounds in the winter.

http://auspost.com.au/education/afl/students/afl-history.html

Edited by bolty58

• Members

My mate is a Richmond fan and is now £340 richer following a drunken tenner bet following a 4 game losing streak earlier in the season.

Spooky. I had an odd looking $287.50 in my account so rather than the intended $250 bet I put the slightly higher amount on and netted a $345 profit. Almost matching amounts (well, digitally if you get my drift).

Big Sam's next job that I reckon, I'd expect him to be installed within a week or so....

Except he said that he didn't want to go back into a relegation battle!

they've always had a very good away following, and they've only won 1 of their last 10 matches at Bolton

I'm not normally negative but with us winning against them in the cup and their manager getting dogs abuse they'll be well up for it I'd think you can add this game to zero point column as well.