Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Morocco also want the world cup later on. Sounds a recipe for disaster.

Another mega hot tournament, with security concerns. Do a roaring trade in England rugs.

Having 48 teams surely rules out loads of places like this that want to host a WC unless they share hosting.

Actually quite excited by the prospect of a World Cup in USA again in 2026 but not with 48 teams in it

• Moderators

Having 48 teams surely rules out loads of places like this that want to host a WC unless they share hosting.

Actually quite excited by the prospect of a World Cup in USA again in 2026 but not with 48 teams in it

they could do a North African WC with Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt all hosting

there'd be another Arab Spring or something if one of them got out the group stage

On the news they keep saying this table is based on income. Is this correct?

A bit meaningless if it is.

Suggestions that Sanchez will earn around half a million a week. That's £26m per year.

I can't remember the exact figure but I think they said utd had an income of around £600m per year.

That means paying one employee 4.3% on your income. Madness.

In fairness, you’d be hard pressed to find a company with a turnover of £600m that employs so few people

I bet they only have a few hundred on the books across the business

In fairness, you’d be hard pressed to find a company with a turnover of £600m that employs so few people

United have the largest football debt in the world that’s got to be a concern especially now their paying wages at double the going rate just to try to compete with city oh I do hope it all goes tits up for them.

• Moderators

Had to Google it as was curious

About 850

• Moderators

Phil neville appointed England women's coach

Then he deletes his twitter account because someone is trawling through all his tweets and pointing out all the sexist comments he's made

Such as:

Morning men,” he tweeted in January 2012, “couple of hours cricket be4 work sets me up nicely for the day!” When people started asking what about the women, he clarified: “When I said morning men I thought the women would of been busy preparing breakfast/getting kids ready/making beds-sorry morning women!”

And

"Relax, I'm back chilled - just battered the wife, feel better now" - 2011

"You women always want equality till it comes to paying the bills #hypocrites" - 2012

Theres some right cunts with too much time on their hands

• Members

Jimmy Armifeld died today

Rip

Missed this. Sad news. As others have said, a complete gentleman (and a fine player in his time). In the victorious World Cup squad of '66.

One of my fondest memories was him cracking his head wide open jumping up in the Burnden dugout when Alan Waldron scored an absolute screamer to win in the dying seconds at home v Chesterfield in that Third Division championship winning season.

RIP Jimmy - you were the one who started the turnaround in our fortunes.

• Members

Phil Neville appointed coach of England Wenches.

Meanwhile he deletes his twitter account after sexist tweets from 2012 were exposed.

In the current climate, amazed they didn't appoint a bint.

The female pundits will be on TV soon saying stuff like "a woman coach is needed to deal with the more sensitive side of women players".

He won't last long.

The arse will fall out of everything eventually though

As long as billions of people still watch the game worldwide it will generate huge sums of money, ultimately the lions share of the money he will go to a few hundred elite footballers as they are the ones that drive the viewing figures

You can say the same about both the music and film Industry, both generate tens of, if not hundreds of billions globally every year yet a few hundred people at the top of that tree get the majority of the loot as they bring in the revenue

It’s all entertainment at the end of the day, i’m not sure why people question it in football but don’t with Music and film

Especially someone like Ginola who is likely a multi millionaire on the back of his career

Missed this. Sad news. As others have said, a complete gentleman (and a fine player in his time). In the victorious World Cup squad of '66.

One of my fondest memories was him cracking his head wide open jumping up in the Burnden dugout when Alan Waldron scored an absolute screamer to win in the dying seconds at home v Chesterfield in that Third Division championship winning season.

RIP Jimmy - you were the one who started the turnaround in our fortunes.

Think Ian  Greaves also cracked his head in the Burnden dugout.