Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where To Holiday 2016

Happy Wanderer

• Members

Left Brisbane yesterday. Not my favourite place if I'm honest. Too humid, and the city centre is a bit shite. . Now in adelaide, far better IMO. Not even thinly veiled!

You judge well, sir. Adelaide and Melbourne rate equal second as the best state capitals after Perth for me. Brisbane is shit and full of rednecks. Hope you manage to get out to Glenelg, Henley and Semaphore whilst you are in SA mate. All lovely places on the Gulf (as is Victor Harbour if you want to venture an hour south (bus ride from central Adelaide).

Need any scooter contacts whilst you are there? I have mates in the Dynamo's and the LCSA.

Don't miss Australia's best Indian restaurant in Hindmarsh Square mate. Got a cricket museum in it!!! The visiting subcontinent teams always eat there and give lots of souvenirs to the place. The Jasmin. Not to be missed.

Chichen Itza is excellent and a must see

You;ll be staying AI I would imagine, but take time to wander down 5th Avenue of an evening, it's brilliant. It's worth booking to go to Coco Bongo's as well, it's a brilliant show for not much money (it's a bit like a budget Cirque Du Soleil)

I also recommend the "Fat Cat" Catamaran tour as well, but don't go for the the trip in the day, go for the evening one so that you can see the sunset. It's brill.

Yup about 20mins walk off 5th Avenue, Did you book VIP to Coco Bongos? Been told we are going already

Also been told some nice places to eat on 5th Avenue, Thinking of talking a mix of Dollars and Pesos's

Thinking about dolphin swimming as well.

Coco bongo - get yourself a table or it's ridiculous!!

Two of us paid circa $100 ech for entry and 'free drinks'

How ever to get a free drink you must queue up to get a free drink token, then you go to to the bar and queue again (single file) for them to give you 1 drink.

However if you are willing to tip the barman $10 you can jump both queue's directly and get served immediately at the bar.

I fucked it off through being pissed off. Met others later on that said paying for a table was much better.

P.s all Mexicans are thieving bastards

Edited by birch-chorley