Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup


kent_white

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

As per usual fifa show the corruption endemic within the organisation. Fancy replacing bent blatter & platini with an Italian. 

He is Swiss from a town 5 kilometres from Blatter's home town in the Rhone Valley. Who'd have thunk it?

Brig and Visp are the towns, with a nice view of the Matterhorn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, e2e4 said:

opened by saying: "Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

 

at this rate , idrissa gueye is probably already serving a 3 match ban for reading his bible at home. 

If he is feeling all these prople in Qatar he is going to have his balls cut off! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I think the fact that it's in November/December isn't an issue at all, in fact it's a novelty.

Everything else about it is shit, mind

See I think that’s the bit I’m arsed about. No build up to the tournament. Beer garden with your mates etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, tomski said:

See I think that’s the bit I’m arsed about. No build up to the tournament. Beer garden with your mates etc. 

I think there would be if it wasn't in Qatar with all its issues, but then again it wouldn't be in November/December otherwise I suppose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I think I'll watch and enjoy the football just for the football and leave all of the attention seeking spacktivists like this lot to it.

No doubt a good number from this shit hole are statue topplers?

Aye they meet every Saturday morning to topple a statue.

 Never get bored of that Colston footage ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Really? Haven’t heard nothing until the last week or so with gays piping up

There hasn’t been much really, not from people who might possibly have an influence. It seems only lately a few players/teams have shown their utter disgust by having a T shirt on under their club tops. And a few fans revealing large banners saying “boycott Qatar” 2 weeks before it starts. Pointless really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

You been living in a hobbit hole lad!?

People have been moaning from the day it was awarded to Qatar.

Moaning and no action. Not a thing.

Major nations could have said fuck off, we're not going there.

Instead mealy mouthed soundbites to sound right politically.

That's why it's so wrong now. Too late, so just get behind the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Moaning and no action. Not a thing.

Major nations could have said fuck off, we're not going there.

Instead mealy mouthed soundbites to sound right politically.

That's why it's so wrong now. Too late, so just get behind the team.

Fuck right off!!!....you can't come on here talking sense like that!! 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Just read that there’s a comedian called Joe Lycett who’s  going to shred 10k if Beckham doesn’t pull out of his multi million pound deal with Qatar 🙄

He's not averse to controversy. That notwithstanding, if true, then it would represent a step beyond any virtue gesturing seen before.

Time to burn those rainbow laces. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Moaning and no action. Not a thing.

Major nations could have said fuck off, we're not going there.

Instead mealy mouthed soundbites to sound right politically.

That's why it's so wrong now. Too late, so just get behind the team.

Aye, actions speak louder than words 

 

There's been lots of words against Qatar but little action 

 

Actually find it most amusing that Qatar boycotted Budweiser

 

We don't like alcohol here, so fuck off, none of this "we're uneasy selling alcohol, it makes us queasy, but we'll do it anyway because it's the world cup" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, actions speak louder than words 

 

There's been lots of words against Qatar but little action 

 

Actually find it most amusing that Qatar boycotted Budweiser

 

We don't like alcohol here, so fuck off, none of this "we're uneasy selling alcohol, it makes us queasy, but we'll do it anyway because it's the world cup" 

Cunts trick to do it 2 days before the start though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Cunts trick to do it 2 days before the start though. 

Maybe, though I don't think being able to drink in the ground was a deciding factor in anyone going 

Anyone shelling out is going purely for the football 

Which is why no one is going 

Which is why they are paying migrant workers to pretend to be fans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Maybe, though I don't think being able to drink in the ground was a deciding factor in anyone going 

Anyone shelling out is going purely for the football 

Which is why no one is going 

Which is why they are paying migrant workers to pretend to be fans

I'm genuinely expecting half full stadiums for most games 

Either that or a lot of disinterested 'fans' who just want to earn enough money to go home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.