Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Blackpool 1

Big E

• Site Supporter

Not blind faith and backing isn't just financial. Give him time, let him bring his own people in, make the changes he wants behind the scenes etc.

We all know are skint but we have to help him as much as we can in any way we can

Are people forgetting our season finished the moment Liverpool Knocked us out of the cup?

Today was a nothing game. Last week was a nothing game and Monday will also be a nothing game.

If the fans have given up imagine what the players are thinking.

People can't seriously be judging anything Lennon does on these current fixtures? He's just tinkering to find out who stays and who goes in the summer.

Yes the players and management must remain professional till the bitter end but if that 10% has gone then you simply can't account for that. Fine margins and all that bollocks and probably why we've been conceding so many late goals.

The season is over. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about a glorified friendly.

Not blind faith and backing isn't just financial. Give him time, let him bring his own people in, make the changes he wants behind the scenes etc.

We all know are skint but we have to help him as much as we can in any way we can

Agreed and we are and will. I just hope he adds some physicality as a priority. Priority has to be a big ball winner in midfield.

I read somewhere recently our wage budget is bigger than what Lennon had at Celtic that gives me the confidence he can take us forward.

I think it was on GMR. The problem is imo, how does Lennon get rid of players that aren't fancied and are still under contract? Such as Moxey, Dervite, Trotter, Hall, Spearing etc? We're no doubt paying them big money, but will anybody take them off our hands? 

Are people forgetting our season finished the moment Liverpool Knocked us out of the cup?

Today was a nothing game. Last week was a nothing game and Monday will also be a nothing game.

People can't seriously be judging anything Lennon does on these current fixtures? He's just tinkering to find out who stays and who goes in the summer.

Yes the players and management must remain professional till the bitter end but if that 10% has gone then you simply can't account for that. Fine margins and all that bollocks and probably why we've been conceding so many late goals.

The season is over. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about a glorified friendly.

Bollocks my little orange friend.

You may give a decent view on why we are struggling at the moment but nothing excuses it.

The club are still charging full whack to get in and the players taking full wages and whilst they do we have every right to expect better.

Players should be playing for their futures not planning their holidays.

I just hope the constant stream of short corners was not something NL had come up with as a tactic, I know Garp would disagree but god they were awful, ok do not lump the ball in there but we were playing it short when they had three or four players arround us. That is just fucking stupid.

You may give a decent view on why we are struggling at the moment but nothing excuses it.

The club are still charging full whack to get in and the players taking full wages and whilst they do we have every right to expect better.

I just hope the constant stream of short corners was not something NL had come up with as a tactic, I know Garp would disagree but god they were awful, ok do not lump the ball in there but we were playing it short when they had three or four players arround us. That is just fucking stupid.

I don't mind a short corner now and then if it's just a way of getting a different angle on a cross, it's when they then get flummoxed, take an extra pass or touch and don't end up putting it in at all that it looks shit

What should happens and does happen is two entirely different things.

It's the same reason premierships get knocked out of the Fa cup by lower division teams. For whatever reason that extra 10% of concentration,effort,pace is missing.

The pressure is off in the players minds.

Just Like any other job in the world,if there's no targets to meet are they really going to put a full shift in? Are they bollocks.

Be disappointed the way we are playing by all means but castigating players by calling them shirkers and cowards etc? Fuck me sideways.

What should happens and does happen is two entirely different things.

It's the same reason premierships get knocked out of the Fa cup by lower division teams. For whatever reason that extra 10% of concentration,effort,pace is missing.

The pressure is off in the players minds.

Just Like any other job in the world,if there's no targets to meet are they really going to put a full shift in? Are they bollocks.

Be disappointed the way we are playing by all means but castigating players by calling them shirkers and cowards etc? Fuck me sideways.

Some are playing for contracts. To be honest I don't think calling them names is that unfair. They've been doing this in some cases for a long time. All whist picking up a nice wage from our club.

I can't say that I saw many out there who didn't look up for it, maybe apart from Feeney, who was a bit airy fairy all afternoon, what I did see was a lack of confidence and composure, the product of too many recent games of missed chances and late goals tossed in, and maybe pressure to beat the bottom team handsomely. Lenny did say though that he thought the application was poor first half, better after the break.

I'm definitely with you on that

Some are playing for contracts. To be honest I don't think calling them names is that unfair. They've been doing this in some cases for a long time. All whist picking up a nice wage from our club.

Were you saying that when the same players had lost one game in thirteen earlier in the season?

• Moderators

I read somewhere recently our wage budget is bigger than what Lennon had at Celtic that gives me the confidence he can take us forward.

Not saying you didn't read it, but if you did, its wrong

• Moderators

Were you saying that when the same players had lost one game in thirteen earlier in the season?

Some are writing those players off as shite

Dervite played in many of those games and now he seems to be out in the cold

As ian mentioned, Davies looked a handful for this league and now seems to be a last resort

If iles had owt about him he'd be asking questions

• Site Supporter

A total rebuild is not necessary. I think we will sign Amos a centre half and a striker and we will be better off. Clayton, Mark Davies and clough coming back will make us more potent. Not forgetting Pratters.

We won't sign Amos, ATM the mo we pay 25% of his wage. Unless we can get somewhere near what he is currently earning as a reserve at manure (very unlikely), or he decides he is playing for the love of the game, he will be elsewhere

We won't sign Amos, ATM the mo we pay 25% of his wage. Unless we can get somewhere near what he is currently earning as a reserve at manure (very unlikely), or he decides he is playing for the love of the game, he will be elsewhere

ATM. Not usually seen in football but hey .....megalolz.