Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Blackpool 1

Big E

Strange team we started with.

Cravies was a regular before injury, now he is third choice ?

Bannan was the only one to come out with anything today, but what a fucking miss.

Amos had his worse game since ho got here.

Vela is not a right back. Centre defence looked slow and weak.

Feeney awful, Walker worse but why switch them to their wrong wings ?

Danns ineffective

Le Fondre actually was ok

Heskey was ok when he came on and Le Fondre then came to life with a partner/

rest of the game was turd. bad miss from Bannan.

shocking turnout from Blackpool and all. At least ther flares were the right colour.

Our stewards 'searches' for pyros are as bad as our defence

Edited by Piemon

Possibly. But too many are not seemingly pulling their finger out anymore. I think we've had the new manager bounce and now normal service is resumed.

To get this bunch of players even without the injury list out of the relegation positions after the start DF had is a tribute to this managerial team. I cannot wait to see what NL does as soon as the season ends it's going to sharp swift and incisive just like a guillotine and those he thinks are shirkers will be disposed off in double quick time.

To get this bunch of players even without the injury list out of the relegation positions after the start DF had is a tribute to this managerial team. I cannot wait to see what NL does as soon as the season ends it's going to sharp swift and incisive just like a guillotine and those he thinks are shirkers will be disposed off in double quick time.

Yes

What can he do? We've no money. When Lennon came in the job was to motivate what everyone said was a good squad. He did for a while and we looked good. Now apparently it's another rebuild with no money and few sellable assets. We need to get the best out of what we have with a few additions because rebuilds cost money and take years without it.

What can he do? We've no money. When Lennon came in the job was to motivate what everyone said was a good squad. He did for a while and we looked good. Now apparently it's another rebuild with no money and few sellable assets. We need to get the best out of what we have with a few additions because rebuilds cost money and take years without it.

Everyone said it was a good squad? I think more and more had realised it wasn't. Over paid and over rated more like.When Lennon took over we were below Blackpool! i.e. Bottom He has kept us up which the more sensible on here said was all we could hope for. The selections were baffling today but I have to believe he is a better manager than Coyle or Freedman otherwise it will be a miserable fucking summer.

Everyone said it was a good squad? I think more and more had realised it wasn't. Over paid and over rated more like.When Lennon took over we were below Blackpool! i.e. Bottom He has kept us up which the more sensible on here said was all we could hope for. The selections were baffling today but I have to believe he is a better manager than Coyle or Freedman otherwise it will be a miserable fucking summer.

Yes it was apparently a good but mismanaged squad. And it looked that way till after Christmas. Since then it's gone downhill. Injuries have played a part. But if a total rebuild is required then I'm depressed because you won't get far with no money. I hoped Lennon could get the best out of players and make do and mend but it's looking more and more that he can't.

The bonus is the youngsters. That is absolutely huge but still they need experienced bodies around them.

Said to my dad I wouldn't be upset if anyone left in the summer.

Clough, vela, walker and Clayton are players to build on. But if someone offered money I'd take it.

I really thought we weren't going to score.

Bannan hitting the post was worse than if he'd had a rush of blood and skied it.

worst thing was I was sat on the front at St Annes at 4:30pm in the sunshine looking at the score and having to admit to my Burnley supporting mate we were losing to the Donkey botherers whilst watching a Donkey on the beach take a dump....summed it all up!

In a seaside town come armageddon come! fuck me it were depressing!

Yes it was apparently a good but mismanaged squad. And it looked that way till after Christmas. Since then it's gone downhill. Injuries have played a part. But if a total rebuild is required then I'm depressed because you won't get far with no money. I hoped Lennon could get the best out of players and make do and mend but it's looking more and more that he can't.

The bonus is the youngsters. That is absolutely huge but still they need experienced bodies around them.

A total rebuild is not necessary. I think we will sign Amos a centre half and a striker and we will be better off. Clayton, Mark Davies and clough coming back will make us more potent. Not forgetting Pratters.

A total rebuild is not necessary. I think we will sign Amos a centre half and a striker and we will be better off. Clayton, Mark Davies and clough coming back will make us more potent. Not forgetting Pratters.

People saying we need to get rid and replace everyone though.

Once Bannan missed, I was tempted to bail out as it was one of those classic scripts where the team expected to roll over the opponents chucks one in early, misses a sackload, their keeper saves everything and they kick everything else off the line. As some others have aaid, no celebration when we did score, glossed over nothing of what was a dismal afternoon's fare.

Bannan deserved something to come from his great run and cross at the end, although his miss was a howler he was our best player by a mile. He would do a job for us with some solid support round him and the licence to probe and run in their third of the pitch.

Not been in the Feeney bashing camp up to now but he was gash today, closely followed by Mills, who NL probably put a line through for next season when he didn't see a simple pass up the wing to Vela late on and instead launched one of his aimless balls up to (and over) the head of Gudjohnsen. Vela had a mixed day, couldn't keep up with their lad for the goal, then a couple of great saving tackles and two superb balls forward late on. Their lad Jacobs by the way was a pretty decent player.

Was thinking during an idle period second half what a job NL will have once last game is finished. Once he sends back all the loans, gets a prognosis on which of the crocks will be fit to start pre-season and bins off all the current dross he doesn't like, he'll have about as many names written down as Blackpool had last Summer. He'll be a busy lad to say the least, and it'll be a big ask to get in as many as he needs and get them moulded into a team that will be competitive from the first whistle. Good Luck Lenny!

• Members

Pratley out of contract

I read somewhere recently our wage budget is bigger than what Lennon had at Celtic that gives me the confidence he can take us forward.

We were shite today. No idea, no heart, no nowt.

No concept of what it meant to the fans to beat Blackpool and send them down. Should have started with Eidur, Heskey and Cravies. Sink them in the first half then take them off as required.

Roll on next season.

NLSWA

• Site Supporter

Slowly losing faith with NL really didn't understand his tactics today sooner this season is over the better.

Christ on a bike, he's the best thing to happen to us since BSA and marginally behind Bruce so far. He will be great for us, just hope we give him some backing or he will be off

Christ on a bike, he's the best thing to happen to us since BSA and marginally behind Bruce so far. He will be great for us, just hope we give him some backing or he will be off

Spot on, we have had injuries galore and he has had all sorts to deal with. We have only lost 1 at home in the league since he came against a very good watford team. We had 18 corners today and should have won easily. Onwards and upwards for next season.

100% correct look at Wigan and how they've faired they were above us as were every other team when Lennon arrived he's breathed life into a corpse of a team.

Come on, describing him in those terms is incredibly premature and verges on blind faith. We did well initially but things are going downhill and we look no better now than we did under Freedman.

As for backing him, we have no money to spend. Any manager has to work under those conditions. That is where we are and unless Eddie decides to spend more it is where we will stay.

• Site Supporter

Some people are quick to forget where we were when he came in & how many injuries we have had. He deserves the time to build & it won't happen overnight unless we get very lucky.

Come on, describing him in those terms is incredibly premature and verges on blind faith. We did well initially but things are going downhill and we look no better now than we did under Freedman.

As for backing him, we have no money to spend. Any manager has to work under those conditions. That is where we are and unless Eddie decides to spend more it is where we will stay.

For starters we are having 20-25% more possesion than under freedman.