Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Well according to someone you won’t, I mean he’s the accountant so he can put any shit in the accounts so no one will ever know , I mean it’s not if the accounts are ever audited before they are sent to IR

I don't know how the club retained the massive overvalue of players contracts without either complicity with the auditors or their being useless

Near the bottom of the second tier isn't our natural level Gonzo. History puts us in the top 20 or so, depending on how you measure things. But you can't live on history. We've got to have a plan for now and the future - and one that's communicated to the fans - not this deafening silence we have right now.

• Site Supporter

Maybe those questioning Gartside's  supposed salary should direct their questions towards Edwin himself. He's been a fellow of the Chartered Institute for Managerial Accountants since 1985, so I'm sure he could give you a more detailed answer than you're going to get on here.

Maybe those questioning Gartside's  supposed salary should direct their questions towards Edwin himself. He's been a fellow of the Chartered Institute for Managerial Accountants since 1985, so I'm sure he could give you a more detailed answer than you're going to get on here.

Managerial?

Boltondiver, I can only go off the most recent set of accounts, so I don't know what your point is. We've been losing millions - sometimes tens of millions - every year for the past 7 or 8 years or so and throughout that time PG has continued to take hundreds of thousands of pounds out each year. Fact.

What do you propose to do then snowball??

We all know the situation. We all know we are in a pickle. The finances are public knowledge and can be seen at any point by anybody.

The club has been actively looking for investment for ages now,all whilst running at a massive loss. It appears those losses can't carry on.

How would a change in chairman alter any of this?

Do you want ED to walk away? Sell up? Wipe the debt ? I'm sure he'd do all 3. Trouble it's not that easy.

We can all point the finger all day long about whose fault all this,but that will get us nowhere. The only thing we can do is keep turning up every week and hope for the best.

If we hadn't seen such riches we could live with being poor.

We are at our natural level for a club our size and fan base such as ours IMO.

Bang on. I'd love to know who this 'super chairman' is who will come in, work for nothing, get us investment from someone whilst taking on the debt etc etc.

Mistakes have been made, but that is the case in all businesses and walks of life. Considering we are skint, the squad is looking surprisingly alright at the moment and we are still a going concern with a manager who is looking up, not down.

But yeah, let's slag off the owner, sack Gartside and employ someone off the BEN comments section to run the club. That'll sort it.

Boltondiver, I can only go off the most recent set of accounts, so I don't know what your point is. We've been losing millions - sometimes tens of millions - every year for the past 7 or 8 years or so and throughout that time PG has continued to take hundreds of thousands of pounds out each year. Fact.

So what is your solution? After all, you've been spending months banging on about it and researching it. I'm sure the club and supporters would love to know this magic bullet you have.

Sacking Gartside isn't the solution, that just leaves the club rudderless on a day to day basis.

• Site Supporter

But what's YOUR point? What would happen in your ideal world?

No Blixa, just someone who hasn't run up record debts through a club's most successful period (at a time of ballooning TV revenues) would be a start.

That's evading the question. Do you know that someone is a proven track record who has the trust of the owner is available for a modest salary? I don't care about the past, I'm only interested in the present.

hes not taken anything hes been paid to do a job

Compared to what went before Garside & Davies have been relatively successful  & have been at the helm during the clubs must

successful period since the fifties .All things pass & we are in a bit of a hole just now , I along with probably everyone on this site

haven't got a clue how we will escape our current predicament & its no good slagging off the 'management' because its too late for

that in fact some really do believe that we should have backed Allardyce more & piled up more debt than we already have!

Lennon has inherited the shortest of the short straws so lets just hope he can work a miracle (as SA once did with zero funds) & get

us on the road upwards . I'll be happy when I start looking up the league & not down it.