Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Haha!

Knew it.

He was on soccer am together with paddy McGuiness on sat. They were asking peter if he had any irons in the fire, and he said yes. Also said he'd consider league one if it helped him get back to the top.

Paddy was talking about our plight and I wondered if he'd say owt to PO about the club.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

What a good signing that would be I was at the Bristol game when he scored 2 he looked razor sharp that day and if he's stayed fit should score bagful at this level.

He made 7 appearances for Bristol City. Bolton was his first start, after coming on as a sub at Fulham.

He has not played this season.

No brainier for me. Exactly the kind of poacher we need.

There's no goals in the team as it stands.

Agreed Gonzo, we're sadly lacking any sort of goalscorer at the minute - I'm sure PP will know after the guy trains with us for a couple of days if he's suitable or not.....even if he isn't, it's encouraging that we are obviously actively looking for more attacking options

• Site Supporter

I had him down as a winger / number 10 - is he an out and out goalscorer?

Supposed to be. Doubts about his attitude following his infamous non-transfer.

Unfortunately Anderson as a loanee doesn't look full of goals and Madine certainly isn't. Personally, I reckon Proctor would be better in a wider role- he doesn't seem to have goals in him either. Only leaves Clough and he shouldn't be carrying the burden.

Nah. Build for the future.

We need out of this division first attempt and if he stays until end of this season scores 10-15 goals that could make all the difference between marooned in league 1 or the championship where our turnover would improve to the tune of 3-5 million.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

We need out of this division first attempt and if he stays until end of this season scores 10-15 goals that could make all the difference between marooned in league 1 or the championship where our turnover would improve to the tune of 3-5 million.

Building for the future isn't on Ken's agenda, of that I'm pretty certain, in a world where Hull City are meant to be worth £130m.