Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Released List

Mounts Kipper

It isn't what Neil Lennon, Garry Parker or Johann Mjallby have been saying though.

Clear that Medo and Spearing aren't wanted. Personally based on what Marc Iles and Nixon have said I think Baptiste is in the same boat. If anyone came in for them I reckon you could add them to the 13 already gone.

Trotter would be binned off if they had the chance as would Wheater I suspect. That's a lot to be rid of.

Agree with most, can't imagine Wheater will be one of them though. Our best defender at this point and one of few leader types left.

5million off the wage bill. Quite a chunk that.

The Bolton news reporting today that the wage bill is 35% lower than the 37.5 million when we were relegated so the wage bill still tops 27 million only about another 22 million to shed. That shows the scale of our problem.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

The Bolton news reporting today that the wage bill is 35% lower than the 37.5 million when we were relegated so the wage bill still tops 27 million only about another 22 million to shed. That shows the scale of our problem.

Thought it had been reported as being down to £15m?

Guest Blixa

And that contract talks had ended. But bizarrely they claim they are ongoing again now. They know less than us.

Guest Blixa

The longer Wheater is out of the team, the more his reputation grows for some reason

Wheater needs to go. He's presumably on a good wedge to not play. Nothing against him, but we aren't going to get a full season out of him and that's what we need. Consistency.

Wheater needs to go. He's presumably on a good wedge to not play. Nothing against him, but we aren't going to get a full season out of him and that's what we need. Consistency.

Took a pretty hefty drop in wages when he signed his last contract by all accounts, for our current plight I'm sure he's still one of our highest earners.

I like the guy and doubt we can do much better in our position, but he's had very few 'great' games for us and yet some are obsessed with him returning as if it will suddenly save us 30 goals a season

The Bolton News comic reporting today wages 35% down from first season we dropped out of premiership I'd have thought we had dropped the wage bill by more than that. I've stopped believing anything they report nowadays their clueless.

The Bolton News comic reporting today wages 35% down from first season we dropped out of premiership I'd have thought we had dropped the wage bill by more than that. I've stopped believing anything they report nowadays their clueless.

It all adds up to what Gonch was saying about having no idea what the hell is going on

I understand not all the club's business can be transparent obviously

It all adds up to what Gonch was saying about having no idea what the hell is going on

I understand not all the club's business can be transparent obviously

The worry I have is that our gate income is pathetic and our wage bill should be south of 5 million based on that income where that takes us a a club is painful to contemplate I would say it takes us to a run of the mill league one club. :(

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

Feel a bit sorry for Davies. I liked his battering style. Lennon obviously wants a 20 a season striker.

id say he wants a 40 game a season one as much as he wants the goals

a fit davies would be great for us

id say he wants a 40 game a season one as much as he wants the goals

a fit davies would be great for us

I'm hoping we review the Craig Davies situation and persuade him to sign on a low basic then pay as you play and goal bonus that should work for us but maybe it won't suit him. Edited by Mounts Kipper

The worry I have is that our gate income is pathetic and our wage bill should be south of 5 million based on that income where that takes us a a club is painful to contemplate I would say it takes us to a run of the mill league one club. :(

I wonder what our gate receipts for a season are? - probably around £3M I reckon. We need to be trimming the wage bill to around £2m/£3M really - which is probably what Mills and Beckford were taking out of the club