Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Moderators

Darren Esser (lawyer)

Terrence Rigby (barrister)

Senior partner at accountancy who cannot be named

George Bower (Financial fund raiser?)

This to me sounds like it's been steering towards taking over the club right from the off.

• Moderators

I am listening on the tinternet, discussed in the past with PG about the middlebrook master plan but hes not a friend. The Trust have 30 local businesses or high worth investors who have expressed interest in backing the trust.   

This is a (large) consortium. What the supporters have to do with it, I don't know.

This is a (large) consortium. What the supporters have to do with it, I don't know.

I think we a know that even though this is under the guise of a supporters trust, as and when everything comes out on the wash, the supporters will still have absolutely fuck all say in anything at all. There might be a place on the board, but so what, that's only be there for the sake of ticking a box and will have no influence at all

So when it's a few spotty geeks running the shop it's amateur night, now it seems there's some serious professionals/backers involved it's some kind of Trojan Horse or dodgy Deano-like scheme but closer to home?

I dunno, can't we hold our horses a bit before wading in with the criticism, see how stuff pans out (then wade in... :) )

Otherwise, it's all a bit...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

They are most likely supporters, I would think not all would folllow through with financial support. I have sent a question in about transparency.

You're right Mounts, it's OK people registering their interest, but it depends what happens when a bit of cold hard cash is required.

I believe that we have over 5000 signed up for the trust, just wait until they are asked to give a tenner, that number will soon reduce massively to probably half that number

You're right Mounts, it's OK people registering their interest, but it depends what happens when a bit of cold hard cash is required.

I believe that we have over 5000 signed up for the trust, just wait until they are asked to give a tenner, that number will soon reduce massively to probably half that number

That's why it was daft to sign up the dog, the cat and the Kurdish bloke in the Kebab shop who'd previously known nowt about BWFC.

It'll be shite if the initial tenner isn't tipped up in any great number and doesn't bode well for future fundraising.

So you have people who know the law and accountancy. Who else would you have in charge of a group who wants a say in how a football club is run?

I think that's exactly the team I'd pick.

This

... and I'd rather a bunch of supporters with credentials (and money), or people with credentials and money (who happen to be supporters) depending on which end of the telescope you are looking through, were involved in running the club.

Don't forget Duckworth, who was a Liverpool supporter, was drawing nearly  £400k a year from BWFC whilst on our Board.