Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

I'm just intrigued to know why an ex-player would have more information than anyone else about this?

Is it usual for former employees to be well-informed about takeovers of places they used to work at?

I ask specifically because a company I was at got bought by some US investment firm last year, and I knew shit-all about it, until a mate who still works there told me. Am I unique in my ignorance?

Seriously?

Perhaps he's shagging ED's secretary

or his former agent is working as a consultant for the potential buyers

or he has a relationship with some of the board after years of service to the club

There are a million potential reasons how someone may or may not have heard something

If there are talks taking place then I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that more than just ED and the buyers are aware of it....

Secretary's, accountants, board members, security guards all would be aware of it and would all probably tell anyone who will listen when they get home from work

• Moderators

Seriously?

or he has a relationship with some of the board after years of service to the club

There are a million potential reasons how someone may or may not have heard something

If there are talks taking place then I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that more than just ED and the buyers are aware of it....

Secretary's, accountants, board members, security guards all would be aware of it and would all probably tell anyone who will listen when they get home from work

normally, you would be reet

but these are secret talks, remember

thats what the ex player said

Seriously?

Or someone has made it up.

I cant work out if this is genuine or not, I just get used to the idea its not happening and we are skint and I better get used to the shit being served up by the present playing staff  and then bang!! another rumour am i alone in just wanting it all to come out or just go away, this keep having my hopes raised is not helping my blood pressure problems  :blush: