Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Looking good. Just travelling back from office in London and was taken to some farty place called Bao Buns or summat. Nice enough but I had something the size of a burger over 3 plates at £35 with the smallest beer I’ve ever seen. Bolton all day of the week please.

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Looking good. Just travelling back from office in London and was taken to some farty place called Bao Buns or summat. Nice enough but I had something the size of a burger over 3 plates at £35 with the smallest beer I’ve ever seen. Bolton all day of the week please.

Bao Soho is ok -  but best place I've got them is in Peckham. Love a Bao Bun.

But next time get yourself to China town and Leong's Legend and take up Time Out's Bottomless Dim Sum offer. Went again last week - you get 5 rounds, we've never made it past 3. Only £23 per person in the week.

https://checkout.timeout.com/london/51-off-bottomless-dim-sum-and-a-glass-of-bubbly-at-leongs-legend-59338

33 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bao Soho is ok -  but best place I've got them is in Peckham. Love a Bao Bun.

But next time get yourself to China town and Leong's Legend and take up Time Out's Bottomless Dim Sum offer. Went again last week - you get 5 rounds, we've never made it past 3. Only £23 per person in the week.

https://checkout.timeout.com/london/51-off-bottomless-dim-sum-and-a-glass-of-bubbly-at-leongs-legend-59338

That’s the one. Cheers will have a look next time. 

On another note if you land in Bolton station at 4-7 they are trying to charge you more for your ticket as of today regardless of where you’ve travelled from. £203 for a day return. They can fuck right off

Is it worth commenting on here that Iron Man is downsizing in Bolton from next year. 

All those moaning about road closures disrupting their lazy Sundays have got their wish. Nice one 

Kids crying now 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Blackpool looks amazing on night photos 

True, I’m one of the odd ones that doesn’t mind Blackpool, got some cracking sunset photos from times gone by! 🤣

Was there last week actually after Lytham festival - enjoyed it! 

Looking forward to Blackpool away! 

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

True, I’m one of the odd ones that doesn’t mind Blackpool, got some cracking sunset photos from times gone by! 🤣

Was there last week actually after Lytham festival - enjoyed it! 

Looking forward to Blackpool away! 

Deep down everyone loves Blackpool! IMG_4884.thumb.jpeg.9bfea86ca16d6bcd8aa8dad6c7e183c4.jpeg

Here’s a good pic! I had a few mates at the festival, they go every year they love it. 

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Is it worth commenting on here that Iron Man is downsizing in Bolton from next year. 

All those moaning about road closures disrupting their lazy Sundays have got their wish. Nice one 

Kids crying now 

Understandable, but very sad decision. 

Ironman have only got themselves to blame for declining numbers. They’ve fucked about with the bike route too often since 2018, they lost the pro-athletes and have not made the event appealing to the club athletes or first timers for the last few years.

It’s been an iconic event that has brought lots of positive publicity for the town for over 15 years. It’s not gone completely, they’ve got the half, but it’s not the same.

I’m pleased that I got to do it in my home town before it left. 

Edited by desperado

20 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

H?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Here's one I took of Farnworth last night from my microlight.

It shows what a lovely walk can be had from the Market Hotel (bottom right) to the Brit, near enough centre.

😊 It’ll look good when it’s finished.

My grandparents and mothers house is on the far right of the photo. Alan Ball House just right of middle. My uncle used to have a grocery store on the bottom right in Brackley street opposite the Market Hotel before it became Woolworths. 
Levelling up😊👍

14 hours ago, stevieb said:

Kids crying now 

someone told me Who had done it 

few years ago 2500 would do it 

this year 1000 

36 minutes ago, little whitt said:

someone told me Who had done it 

few years ago 2500 would do it 

this year 1000 

It’s being replaced by Iron tran. They keeping that bit quiet though.

Like 24th March. No one talks about it.

Edited by tomski

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Is the Food & Drink Festival worth a visit this year? Hadn’t realised it clashes with the Italian Food Festival in Manchester. At worst that’s dinner and tea sorted, I suppose!

Last year’s was a bit poor. Way too many stalls selling candles and shit and charity stalls. That said I’ll have a look when I’m over to see my mum. Def going to the Italian one. Apparently it was superb last year 

41 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Last year’s was a bit poor. Way too many stalls selling candles and shit and charity stalls. That said I’ll have a look when I’m over to see my mum. Def going to the Italian one. Apparently it was superb last year 

Been a toss up between the two. Feel a bit of a duty to support the Bolton one but the Italian one sounds right up my street

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Been a toss up between the two. Feel a bit of a duty to support the Bolton one but the Italian one sounds right up my street

Know what you mean. I can’t not go to the Bolton one during the day when I’m over seeing my mum. Always feel that I have to and always come home with bags of stuff. Lucky with the Manc one as I can just hop on a tram and get off at Victoria right next to it so that’s Bank Holiday Sunday sorted for a mooch, a few beers and some food