Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

Not sure which chap it was as I missed his introduction on BBC breakfast. But the article seems to reflect what he said.

I've no problem with going after asad if he is indeed using these weapons.

Just a bit of a jolt listening to the fella and his cautionary note.

I also think in this case; once evidence of his guilt has been confirmed that action be discussed with parliament.

With adequate evidence I'm sure that tory doubters would diminish and plenty of labour mps would approve action.

Be interesting to see Corbyn swerving again.

Corbyn's position of doing everything possible to avoid a war is probably not a bad position to take in the modern international climate. Don't think its swerving in this case.

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Site Supporter

Corbyn's position of doing everything possible to avoid a war is probably not a bad position to take in the modern international climate. Don't think its swerving in this case.

He'd swerve irrespective of whether evidence proves assads guilt.

As for war-don't think anyone is advocating that. Just a strike at the relevant place.

As said above all things considered the last thing we should be considering is regime change.

He'd swerve irrespective of whether evidence proves assads guilt.

As for war-don't think anyone is advocating that. Just a strike at the relevant place.

As said above all things considered the last thing we should be considering is regime change.

Even Bolty is arguing against action irrespective. Is he "swerving"? As much as I think something needs doing we're all too quick to send bombs in to solve a complex situation. A crude methodology that hasn't fixed anything yet.

Cobyn's argument seems a sensible one. Not necessarily the right one but the fact he doesn't agree with rushing in and bombing places to me is a positive. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

Especially on shit information ( ie anything from the yanks) see Iraq , in the last 2 days I've seen reports it was Assad, its was Russians and it was the Israelis' now it could be the rebels so apart from the US that's all the bases covered on who fired them, and as also been said maybe no one

Whose side would be on this time round with regards to Syria?

I hate to say it - but probably Assad. The alternative is too despicable to contemplate - except maybe the Kurds - and my understanding is that they're too small to hold onto power. I doubt Turkey would be that keen either.

I hate to say it - but probably Assad. The alternative is too despicable to contemplate - except maybe the Kurds - and my understanding is that they're too small to hold onto power. I doubt Turkey would be that keen either.

Ah right, to my shame I'm pretty ignorant to what's happening in Syria. I know we backed the "rebels" at the beginning that's about it.. So is Assad just fighting Isis these days or are there other groups In the mix?

Ah right, to my shame I'm pretty ignorant to what's happening in Syria. I know we backed the "rebels" at the beginning that's about it.. So is Assad just fighting Isis these days or are there other groups In the mix?

Only the Innuits and an, as yet, undiscovered tribe in the Amazon aren't signed up for this

Edited by boltondiver

I think the Kurds are effectively on the same side as Assad, & they put up a stronger fight than the Syrian army against Isis.

• Site Supporter

I for one abhor the killing of innocent civilians using chemical weapons. The sooner we get back to killing them with explosives like God intended the better.

There is indeed a certain irony about it all. Just an agreement made some time ago.

Anyhow, the Syrians are moving their assets so they're expecting something. Perhaps the threat of action might just be enough.

• Members

Even Bolty is arguing against action irrespective. Is he "swerving"? As much as I think something needs doing we're all too quick to send bombs in to solve a complex situation. A crude methodology that hasn't fixed anything yet.

Cobyn's argument seems a sensible one. Not necessarily the right one but the fact he doesn't agree with rushing in and bombing places to me is a positive. 

FFS don't lump me in with any of Corbyns stances please. No surprise that you'd be on here defending him again. I wonder what your thoughts are on his chosen Momentum election candidate who thinks Prince Charles and Waitrose customers are 'scum'. Less than complimentary about McDonalds and their workers too.

https://order-order.com/2018/04/12/momentums-wannabe-mp-on-sht-jobs-and-royal-scroungers/

You would know I suppose - is it true that Jeremy's mob have changed their motto to "For the many, not the Jew"?

I am not swerving - my view on the whole Syrian situation is, as I said, coloured by hindsight. No good, only evil, has resulted from removing Saddam and Gaddafi so I see little point in removing Assad. The vacuum created would almost certainly herald the birth of some other utterly despicable Islamic death squad intent on carrying out atrocities in all those countries who have progressed beyond mud huts, dirt roads and donkey drawn transport.

My thoughts on Syria are from no sympathy standpoint for anything happening there and are absolutely "Westerncentric". I really don't give a flying fuchsia what anyone thinks about that.

FFS don't lump me in with any of Corbyns stances please. No surprise that you'd be on here defending him again. I wonder what your thoughts are on his chosen Momentum election candidate who thinks Prince Charles and Waitrose customers are 'scum'. Less than complimentary about McDonalds and their workers too.

https://order-order.com/2018/04/12/momentums-wannabe-mp-on-sht-jobs-and-royal-scroungers/

You would know I suppose - is it true that Jeremy's mob have changed their motto to "For the many, not the Jew"?

A "kinder, gentler politics"

Doublespeak is alive and well

• Members

Order Order - Guido Fawkes. Run by a bloke who has tried to work with the BNP on direct action to disrupt left wing meetings. The exact same practice that our resident right wingers are always up in arms about.

She does sound like a twat mind!

Didn't know that bit mate. Just found it when Googling for information on that nasty bint after hearing her mentioned on Sky UK News this morning.

Guido Fawkes was a treacherous Yorkie bastard. Roll on the 5th.

I am not swerving - my view on the whole Syrian situation is, as I said, coloured by hindsight. No good, only evil, has resulted from removing Saddam and Gaddafi so I see little point in removing Assad. The vacuum created would almost certainly herald the birth of some other utterly despicable Islamic death squad intent on carrying out atrocities in all those countries who have progressed beyond mud huts, dirt roads and donkey drawn transport.

My thoughts on Syria are from no sympathy standpoint for anything happening there and are absolutely "Westerncentric". I really don't give a flying fuchsia what anyone thinks about that.

I'm mortified and deeply offended by her comments.

I occasionally shop at a local Waitrose (did a big shop once . . . once bitten twice shy!)  and often enjoy a complimentary coffee - quite glad they are scrapping the plastic in favour of a bring your own re-fill.  How thoughtful!

#hatespeech

. . . oh hang on, haven't some kid scum been bombed or something?

James Dean Bradfield from the Manic Street Preachers on Jeremy Corbyn:

“I don’t think he understands what makes the working classes tick outside of London… We’ve operated at our optimum as people when jobs give us meaning, and in the post-industrial hinterlands, he doesn’t understand that. I remember somebody at a meeting down in south Wales, an old guy, ex-miner, wanted his son to have a proper, real, blue-collar job, and he was saying: ‘What do you expect us to do, Mr Corbyn, make f*cking love spoons out of hemp?’ I don’t think Jezza gets it, I don’t think he connects with people on that level, which is part of the reason we’re having political problems in Wales.”

I'm mortified and deeply offended by her comments.

I occasionally shop at a local Waitrose (did a big shop once . . . once bitten twice shy!)  and often enjoy a complimentary coffee - quite glad they are scrapping the plastic in favour of a bring your own re-fill.  How thoughtful!

#hatespeech

. . . oh hang on, haven't some kid scum been bombed or something?

James Dean Bradfield from the Manic Street Preachers on Jeremy Corbyn:

“I don’t think he understands what makes the working classes tick outside of London… We’ve operated at our optimum as people when jobs give us meaning, and in the post-industrial hinterlands, he doesn’t understand that. I remember somebody at a meeting down in south Wales, an old guy, ex-miner, wanted his son to have a proper, real, blue-collar job, and he was saying: ‘What do you expect us to do, Mr Corbyn, make f*cking love spoons out of hemp?’ I don’t think Jezza gets it, I don’t think he connects with people on that level, which is part of the reason we’re having political problems in Wales.”

James Dean fucking Bradfield?

What does he know about working? He's stolen a living with his fucking awful racket for the past 25 years.

Cheeky fucker.

I once watched them on Jools Holland with the subtitles on. Christ what a load of piss poor 6th form poetry set to Quo-alike derivative shite that was.

What does he know about working? He's stolen a living with his fucking awful racket for the past 25 years.

Cheeky fucker.

I once watched them on Jools Holland with the subtitles on. Christ what a load of piss poor 6th form poetry set to Quo-alike derivative shite that was.

I agree with Mick here, All the songs by the Manics sound like absolute gibberish, I can't decipher 2/3 of the words that he's singing. Utter drivel for the middle aged masses who don't like music, but want to appear hip

I always liken fans of The Manic Street Preachers to be the sort of people who think it's acceptable to wear "SuperDry" clothing down the pub*

*just for Jules that  :wave:

Cheeky fucker.

He did a mean cover of Bright Eyes at Glasto a while back.

Makes me a bit dusty eyed that one, boyo

Not a Manics fan really but he has a point about Jezza I reckon.  If we tolerate Jezza . . .

Edited by madthatter