Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Members
51 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Currently glued to a Shell oil rig, one hand free though.

You said Brazil “concentrate on the football”. I’m just pointing out that they also express opinions.

It’s beyond your train of thought that he’s actually in the post because he’s one of our successful tournament managers?

or even that the players are supportive of wearing a rainbow band? 

you’d be the first to blame the politics the next time we lose. No different to the Evatt Out brigade whenever we fuck up or the Germans that blamed their team protest.

Hope Brazil do you proud matey, Bolsonaro’s bum boy Neymar will welcome you with open arms 🇧🇷💛🤗

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............plink!

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

They're not hosting the world cup.

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Saudi Arabia aren’t the hosts.

And they’re a nation that have been criticised in the past. We’re now at risk of them owning a quarter of the premier league so no discussion will be “thrown out the window”.

Question is will we see the FA and Premier League finally take a stand and stop them? Probably not, but at least those discussions have started.

That matters how?

Lock up gays all you want then if your only visiting?

Why aren't Russia there- they're not hosting it neither.

Some massive straw clutching going on there fellas.

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That matters how?

Because thousands died building the stadiums. There's a big difference to that and being a country that's attending.

It would be nice if FIFA could look at setting some sort of minimum standard and expectations when awarding WCs in the future. If all the 'screeching and preaching' about Qatar sets that in motion, then it's no bad thing. Already talk about countries leaving FIFA which will put huge pressure on them in the future to sort their act out. Already there's an achievement, despite you saying nothing would be achieved. 

You know why Russia aren't there. You know the Saudi situation is more complex, you've said it yourself before. 

It's okay to criticise one thing without having to be accountable for every other shit thing in the world. 

56 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Because thousands died building the stadiums. There's a big difference to that and being a country that's attending.

It would be nice if FIFA could look at setting some sort of minimum standard and expectations when awarding WCs in the future. If all the 'screeching and preaching' about Qatar sets that in motion, then it's no bad thing. Already talk about countries leaving FIFA which will put huge pressure on them in the future to sort their act out. Already there's an achievement, despite you saying nothing would be achieved. 

You know why Russia aren't there. You know the Saudi situation is more complex, you've said it yourself before. 

It's okay to criticise one thing without having to be accountable for every other shit thing in the world. 

Not happening they are corrupt as fuck. It’s all about the wonga. Set of cunts. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

That will never happen either.

Let's be honest, if any nation was that bothered, they'd have simply boycotted the event....they've not, which I think tells you all that you need to know.

Same with the captains wearing the rainbow armbands - they all bottled it in the end, the fucking wimps

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That matters how?

If Qatar were playing a world cup in Saudi then the Saudis would be getting it and Qatar wouldn't. 

The fact they are hosting does matter.

You can separate the sporting achievements of a team from the political situation back home

Hosting is all about the politics.

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

That’s not quite true is it. Looks good for the story though 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

If Qatar were playing a world cup in Saudi then the Saudis would be getting it and Qatar wouldn't. 

The fact they are hosting does matter.

You can separate the sporting achievements of a team from the political situation back home

Hosting is all about the politics.

Which proves the point. Hypocrisy. 

Just as with Russia previously. No complaints about their record like Qatar has been getting it.

As I've said before, no fucker has done anything of importance. But it seems from comments above, that so long as people talk about it then that's fine.

A bunch of do good preachers standing in a circle giving each other congratulatory back slaps because they talk about stuff.

Meanwhile nothing changes. Quality.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just as with Russia previously. No complaints about their record like Qatar has been getting it.

As I've said before, no fucker has done anything of importance. But it seems from comments above, that so long as people talk about it then that's fine.

A bunch of do good preachers standing in a circle giving each other congratulatory back slaps because they talk about stuff.

There was plenty of complaints and protests about Russia hosting the last World Cup, perhaps not as vociferous as there has been about Qatar but there was plenty of stories about it. Hummel released a special pride shirt with proceeds going to russian LGBTQ charities, Paddy Power (never ones to miss out on a promo opportunity) donated a bunch of cash to Russian LGBTQ organisations for every goal the Russian team scored.

Even without the backwards laws of Russia and Qatar. They should've lost the right to host the competition once all the fifa bigwigs got sacked for the corruption that awarded the world Cup hosting to Russia and Qatar.

5 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

That’s just your opinion of what you want to see. You’d struggle to find any show that doesn’t discuss politics, even antiques bloody road show has their moments.

Politics has always been a part of football, from the moment it was born. We’ve now got talk of whole states and oil tycoons buying Liverpool & Utd - pundits will discuss these things on Sky, itv, BBC and the like.

BBC have built in time to discuss Qatar on their show, it’s the World Cup host, why not? They’ve spent 95% of the time talking ‘football, , it’s hardly something to get offended about. They’ve decided as an organisation and have every right to do so.

If you don’t like it then write a compliant.

I’ve watched MOTD for over 30 years and I can’t remember once where they’ve covered politics and the shite they’re talking about now. My mates a boxing coach and has just come back from the middles east where one of his fighters won numerous world title belts. Not once was the topic of conversation in his interviews about human rights and bummers. Same when he goes to America they don’t discuss gun laws or Trump and funnily enough when they fight over here they don’t discuss immigration or whatever the current offended trend is.

Do you think this approach which the players, managers, broadcasters etc are  having now will continue in The next World Cup? 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve watched MOTD for over 30 years and I can’t remember once where they’ve covered politics and the shite they’re talking about now. My mates a boxing coach and has just come back from the middles east where one of his fighters won numerous world title belts. Not once was the topic of conversation in his interviews about human rights and bummers. Same when he goes to America they don’t discuss gun laws or Trump and funnily enough when they fight over here they don’t discuss immigration or whatever the current offended trend is.

Do you think this approach which the players, managers, broadcasters etc are  having now will continue in The next World Cup? 

James McLean likes this

58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So don't talk about it?

Quality

• Members
10 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Classic 😂 

no politics in football , unless it’s something I agree with.

no screeching and preaching, unless it’s about immigrants on boats and in hotels.

Sleep well babes

Oh, I slept well earth father, don't you worry about that.

The dawn of realisation. As is well documented on here, generally I have no time for protestors and advocate water cannon and cattle prods to deal with them.

Now it seems I am in the unfortunate position of jousting with one every day. This needs to be fixed.

• Members
7 hours ago, royal white said:

Depends who you believe. The Qatari's say 3 died. Bollocks. The BBC went from 'over a thousand' to 'more than 15,000' over a period of 3 weeks of reporting  leading up to the start of the tournament. Even bigger bollocks.

That term we got used to - fake news. The above is probably one of the easiest examples to provide.

• Members
6 hours ago, royal white said:

Excellent post.

Unless woke is broke, sadly I think it will be a topic. The likes of Rapinoe, the New York newspapers and the Hollywood elite will take every opportunity to grandstand.

I hope that I am wrong.

18 hours ago, royal white said:

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/les-decodeurs/article/2022/11/15/world-cup-2022-the-difficulty-with-estimating-the-number-of-deaths-on-qatar-construction-sites_6004375_8.html

Given it’s very complex finding out the real figure. And each media cooperation has their own opinion. Article above gives some pretty decent evidence as to why the higher figure is much more believable than the Qatari states figure.

18 hours ago, royal white said:

I can remember numerous times when they’ve talked politics on MOTD. Club ownership etc. 

I don’t think we’ll see as much on the next World Cup no. There will be pockets. Again, it’s up to the players and pundits what they decide. Not really for the fans to decide, if you don’t like it turn it off for the 2 minutes they talk about it. 

Watch the boxing 

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I can remember numerous times when they’ve talked politics on MOTD. Club ownership etc. 

I don’t think we’ll see as much on the next World Cup no. There will be pockets. Again, it’s up to the players and pundits what they decide. Not really for the fans to decide, if you don’t like it turn it off for the 2 minutes they talk about it. 

Watch the boxing 

Club ownership is kind of about football though isn’t it. Being allowed to bum people isn’t. 

Why won’t there be as much on the next World Cup? The majority of these footballers have Instagram accounts with millions of followers, surely they should start pushing their faux outrage now to get the World Cup moved to another location? 

13 minutes ago, royal white said:

Club ownership is kind of about football though isn’t it. Being allowed to bum people isn’t. 

Why won’t there be as much on the next World Cup? The majority of these footballers have Instagram accounts with millions of followers, surely they should start pushing their faux outrage now to get the World Cup moved to another location? 

There’s been discussion around gay rights had about Russian owners and Saudi owners. It’s all linked to football, it’s linked as soon as we give these people and states power to influence the game. Seems strange to say you don’t want politics in football, then complain when someone points out that a load of Saudi politicians have just bought a club. There’s been footballing sanctions against Russia, politics has its place in the game when needed.

Why should we move the next World Cup to another location? They’re 3 very different hosts to Qatar. 

Thought the discussion between Souness and Keane was interesting as well - https://www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/graeme-souness-britain-ireland-277087

they don’t seem like two blokes that mind expressing an opinion.

And let’s be honest, there is now barely any political coverage at the games. Not sure what the meltdowns were even about.

”Never in my 30 years of watching football have I ever seen” 😂 it’s 5 minutes ffs, go make a cuppa.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

There’s been discussion around gay rights had about Russian owners and Saudi owners. It’s all linked to football, it’s linked as soon as we give these people and states power to influence the game. Seems strange to say you don’t want politics in football, then complain when someone points out that a load of Saudi politicians have just bought a club. There’s been footballing sanctions against Russia, politics has its place in the game when needed.

Why should we move the next World Cup to another location? They’re 3 very different hosts to Qatar. 

Thought the discussion between Souness and Keane was interesting as well - https://www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/graeme-souness-britain-ireland-277087

And let’s be honest, there is now barely any political coverage at the games. Not sure what the meltdowns were even about.

”Never in my 30 years of watching football have I ever seen” 😂 it’s 5 minutes ffs, go make a cuppa.

Spot on from souness that 

32 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I agree it’s 5 minutes and that but fuck me it’s boring.