Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season

Elson

3 matches now that Howard has impressed me more than Amos.

Thought the gap between midfield & Madine was too large in the first half & slow to support when we got it forward.

Shame about the late goal, as the 10 minutes or so before there was some good football played, no surprise it was played mostly by the younger ones. Good movement off the ball, good quick passing & a couple of great balls played in the channels to exploit Woolery's pace. I'd like to see it again to count the number of passes that led to the chance on goal.

I hope Dervites injury doesn't mean we'll be panicked into offering Wheater a contract! Not that I'd be sad to see Dervite leave too.

Definitely an area that needs sorting sooner rather than later.

I thought it was a good performance against a strong Burnley side

Jay spearing mom for me, only concern going into the new season is up front were we need a goalscorer

Not sure what chances our players 'missed' yesterday that a goal scorer wouldn't have missed?

Unless you mean a goal scorer who can get the ball 40 yards out and create a goal himself?

If we are creating lots of gilt edge chances and blasting them wide every 2 minutes you are probably right. But right now we have other priorities like a winger, and deciding which of the defender trialists are staying

A proven goal scorer is key this season or getting lucky with an unproven one coming good

You get one of those and your in the running in the third tier

Let's offer Cardiff a straight swap, season loan deal Mavies for ALF - I'd rather pay ALF £20k per week than Mavies, it's just a case of convincing them

A proven goal scorer is key this season or getting lucky with an unproven one coming good

Let's offer Cardiff a straight swap, season loan deal Mavies for ALF - I'd rather pay ALF £20k per week than Mavies, it's just a case of convincing them

correct Wigan, burton and Barnsley all had a prolific scorer last year, it's a must

Great call that Birch hope some one tells PP to make that phone call to Cardiff. Both Le Fondre and Macheda been told they can leave Cardiff. Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

We can't afford mark davies

I'd guess we are offering him to anybody who will listen

The logic that gets folk to thinking bringing ALF in would be anything other than lunacy defies belief

We can't afford mark davies

I'd guess we are offering him to anybody who will listen

The logic that gets folk to thinking bringing ALF in would be anything other than lunacy defies belief

If we end up starting the season with Mavies here pulling £20k a week potentially not getting a game as he's not in PP plans then that would itself be lunacy

If ALF is at Cardiff under similar circumstances there could be potential to get a deal to be done

I very much doubt anyone will match Mavies wages without us tipping something in and I'm sure Ken said he wouldn't do that which leaves us paying £20k a week for someone who isn't really going to do anything for our team

I'm sure other clubs will fancy their chances of getting a tune out of him, we're just too lightweight in the middle to carry him

Perhaps there is a swap deal to be done (maybe not for ALFbut for someone in a similar situation) who we can get more use out of Mavies whilst we get more use out of one of their strikers meaning no NET difference to out goings

Plan A would obviously be to move him on and cut the budget however unlikely that plan might be