Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Was indeed great fun just got home struggling to focus on my bowl of shreddies.

I'm doing Gaslight Anthem in March at Apollo, hoping for similar. Not a huge fan of their newer stuff though 

5 hours ago, jmjhb said:

I'm doing Gaslight Anthem in March at Apollo, hoping for similar. Not a huge fan of their newer stuff though 

Same here (59 sound is a cracking album though) and with Spanish Love Songs not supporting in manc I opted out of that one.

• 2 weeks later...

That's why I can't listen to Classic FM except at Xmas, there you are enjoying a bit of Sibelius requested by Doreen making cakes for her duaghter coming home from Uni for the weekend and then suddenly you've got the theme from The Lord of the Rings wanging in your ears, and don't get me started on the affront to music that's Ludovico Einaudi, and they love him on there. I'll die on that musical snobbery hill without a hint of shame.

Radio 3 - currently enjoying bit of In Tune with the Luverrly Katie Derham

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's why I can't listen to Classic FM except at Xmas, there you are enjoying a bit of Sibelius requested by Doreen making cakes for her duaghter coming home from Uni for the weekend and then suddenly you've got the theme from The Lord of the Rings wanging in your ears, and don't get me started on the affront to music that's Ludovico Einaudi, and they love him on there. I'll die on that musical snobbery hill without a hint of shame.

Radio 3 - currently enjoying bit of In Tune with the Luverrly Katie Derham

just had The Flintstones by Hoyt Curtin on

• Members

Visitor from Bolton staying with us at present (sworn to secrecy so don't ask).

Visitor been playing Palais classics all week. Can't get this blinder out of my head now.

20 minutes ago, Zico said:

new Nick Cave song out

new album in August

so hopefully a tour to go with it to make up for the last one being cancelled

That's good news.

On a Nick Cave tip PJ Harvey's latest album is so good. Can't wait to see there this summer with Big Thief in support

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's good news.

On a Nick Cave tip PJ Harvey's latest album is so good. Can't wait to see there this summer with Big Thief in support

New Kim Gordon stuff is fantastic.

Shes 71

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

I'm biased because I've met him and he's the nicest bloke in the world and I also love his music, but Chris Helme's new album is fucking brilliant.

• Site Supporter
On 10/03/2024 at 15:26, Zico said:

Just seen the Downward Spiral and Superunknown both turned 30 on march 8th 

An excuse to stick them on back to back

Not to be over dramatic but Superunknown is the not just the greatest album ever made, it might just be the greatest thing ever made by humans.

On 29/03/2024 at 19:42, Cheese said:

I'm biased because I've met him and he's the nicest bloke in the world and I also love his music, but Chris Helme's new album is fucking brilliant.

Listened to the pre-album release songs on Spotify, yet to listen to the full album. Had Ride’s new LP on loop yesterday whilst out on a run. Not groundbreaking – but easy enough listen.

12 hours ago, Smiley said:

Listened to the pre-album release songs on Spotify, yet to listen to the full album. Had Ride’s new LP on loop yesterday whilst out on a run. Not groundbreaking – but easy enough listen.

Going to RIDE acoustic set and signing session on Wednesday.

Read that Kiss have sold all their rights for 300 million. Think the plan will be to reproduce the ABBA Voyage experience for them. I could probably only name 2 songs of theirs. Are they really that big?