Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Fucking hell, two homes? Good god. One and two? Truly you are a titan who has straddled the world of commerce, home ownership, cookery, fanzine publishing, long distance running, pebble studying, known doctor, lawyers, high Court judges and lowly scum Lords. A man who is for all seasons, who singularly defines his age, and yet is not part of it. Above and beyond, far and wide, known and yet distant.

And nicks cars

I got 95 single handedly - I wish I could drag Scumbag College to the final.

I've memorised 'The Daily Mirror Book of Facts'.

It's highly amusing when the music round is pop/rock etc. their guesses are lamentable - on Mastermind someone given three obvious Rolling Stones' album titles and answered 'The Who?'

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fucking hell, two homes? Good god. One and two? Truly you are a titan who has straddled the world of commerce, home ownership, cookery, fanzine publishing, long distance running, pebble studying, known doctor, lawyers, high Court judges and lowly scum Lords. A man who is for all seasons, who singularly defines his age, and yet is not part of it. Above and beyond, far and wide, known and yet distant.

Drinks Baileys

• Site Supporter

Anyway

Channel 4 are finally going back to their roots tonight with a 10pm programme simply called “Boobs”. It’s just a telly programme about actual tits and fair fucking play to them.

30 years ago, I’d have been teasing a semi for an hour before it started.

21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Try harder - keep paying some ponce's mortgage for them.

I was running when you were sat on your bony arse watching Glyndbourne on telly in a tiny house.

Chef - yes, it was shit.

Fanzine - it was good, took us places and kept us out of trouble.

Nicked cars or vandalised them - not guilty, but I saw friends do this and I'm not a grass.

Study of stones? - I went later than my peers because I'm of working class stock, mama and papa didn't give me fuck all so I went to Salford and worked nights and lived in a rented flat in Bolton paid by myself. That degree it's not worth the paper it's written on, because I had other concerns.

That's why I've been back.

Your band was shite an' all, wanky and derivative - very unoriginal and obviously trying to attract school-age indie girls.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I was running when you were sat on your bony arse watching Glyndbourne on telly in a tiny house.

Chef - yes, it was shit.

Nicked cars or vandalised them - not guilty, but I saw friends do this and I'm not a grass.

Study of stones? - I went later than my peers because I'm of working class stock, mama and papa didn't give me fuck all so I went to Salford and worked nights and lived in a rented flat in Bolton paid by myself. That degree it's not worth the paper it's written on, because I had other concerns.

Your band was shite an' all, wanky and derivative - very unoriginal and obviously trying to attract school-age indie girls.

….and you drink Baileys. Don’t forget about the Baileys.

14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Chef - yes, it was shit.

It's only University Challenge, no need to get your cream sherry drinking knickers in a twist, Thomas.

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's only University Challenge, no need to get your cream sherry drinking knickers in a twist, Thomas.

Just because you've done loads of work and I've done absolutely bugger all, swotting away for Kevin Spacey like a total spazmo, and I'm cool and street and hard...

I think it's whisky based not sherry. It's UHT cream I think.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
35 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I don't - I drink the knockoff crap, Irish Mist I think, not drank that for at least six months. Into Mimosas at the moment.

Mimosas?

You’re from Great Lever, it’s Buck’s Fizz you fuckin race traitor

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Anyway

Channel 4 are finally going back to their roots tonight with a 10pm programme simply called “Boobs”. It’s just a telly programme about actual tits and fair fucking play to them.

30 years ago, I’d have been teasing a semi for an hour before it started.

Splendid so far

God, I adore tits, me, I do.

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Mimosas?

You’re from Great Lever, it’s Buck’s Fizz you fuckin race traitor

Bucks Fizz is 1 to 1 ratio, Mimosas are slightly weaker - They still even out at about 5%. Guinness oxidises so quickly, nod off for half an hour and the can is only fit for the sink.

I have drink peccadilloes - I went through a stage of cider with Vimto a year or so ago. Like homemade Justin.

I had a serious Kalimoxto habit a few years ago.

There's a variation with Cava and Fanta Limon - that's very moreish.

I just like booze.

Apart from Cointreau.

That's one of those 'got pissed on it in my teens and developed an allergy' type drinks, not that keen on aniseed drink either, but can stomach it. Had some 'Agua de Dientes' or sommat at a Colombian household - was alreet, I nearly cut the top off my index finger because of this refreshment - trying to cut some off a Jamon Iberíco.