Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ashworth, similarly to Caleb Taylor is under contract with WBA until the end of next season. However when he signed for us it came with the option for us to sign perm. Doubt that will happen to be honest. 

Unless the Swansea lad fancies signing, I'd like to see him here permanently. 

Even then, he seems measured, composed and a more solid defender than the others.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Unless the Swansea lad fancies signing, I'd like to see him here permanently. 

Even then, he seems measured, composed and a more solid defender than the others.

Ogbeta is a freebie at the end of the season and the noise he’s been making about loving it here, Manchester lad etc etc that seems a no brainer to me. Chuck Williams then Iredale in then chances for Ashworth look slim 

I think Ashworth has looked decent when he's been given the chance, definitely worth signing him as back up for next year and he's only 21 so could grow in to a decent player.
As for Ogbeta, sign him up , don't let him leave the building until he's got a contract.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think you definitely are.

Yes I agree.  Ashworth has good quality, especially on the ball, not necessarily a top quality defender but which of our LWBs are, they rarely get tested on the wings in this league.

Championship football a different kettle of fish so pointless speculating about next season's recruits or retained list etc till we know our fate.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes I agree.  Ashworth has good quality, especially on the ball, not necessarily a top quality defender but which of our LWBs are, they rarely get tested on the wings in this league.

Championship football a different kettle of fish so pointless speculating about next season's recruits or retained list etc till we know our fate.

I was more thinking about his comments about the right and Forrester.