Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Traf said:

Johnston-Santos-Toal is an interesting prospect

Presuming they can fit and it's do able that would be my first choice

Jones can cover back 3 and share RWB with JDC

If the rumours were true that Johnson was set up for a move before his injury, if he returns successfully, which at his age he should, we may not have him that long to fit in? As for Eoin that’s great news but with Johnson fit and he stays it pushes Forrester further down the chain and for me he could turn out the best of the lot.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

If the rumours were true that Johnson was set up for a move before his injury, if he returns successfully, which at his age he should, we may not have him that long to fit in? As for Eoin that’s great news but with Johnson fit and he stays it pushes Forrester further down the chain and for me he could turn out the best of the lot.

Maybe not next season, but I could a back 3 of Johnson, Forrester and Toal if someone takes a punt on Santos

49 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Is Forester another player that gets better the longer he goes without playing ??

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Whenever he's played, the comments on here have been very positive.

Both correct

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Pete O'Rourke

@SportsPeteO

·

30m

Rotherham, Bolton, Oxford, Exeter and Gillingham are chasing Southend hot-shot Harry Cardwell who has a release clause in his contract at Roots Hall. #rufc #bwfc #oufc #ecfc #Gills #southendunited

If he was a youngish striker with 17 goals in non league then it would make sense but in reality he's a 27 Y/O ST who's having his first every good season in non league ain't a chance in cats hell that we're looking at him don't blame him chucking in a big club as a link makes his story more interesting. That Lee Bonis he linked us with not long ago however is seemingly much more our type & a few years younger

4 hours ago, jmjhb said:

We've also been linked with Antony Evans from Bristol Rovers and Marc Leonard currently on loan at Northampton 

Remember thinking Leonard was decent against us and Derby from games I’ve watched. 

Evans I remember committing a lot of fouls. 

On 05/03/2024 at 08:44, Whitesince63 said:

Even if Johnson returns fit he's lost a year & interested clubs move on. He'll need to settle back in first.

Anyone know what contract time he still has ?

Forrester to me looks a very good player & I'd like to see him more often. Similar with Ashworth but, as a loanee, I don't see him returning given his restricted pitch time.

All in all, when fit & if kept fit, our defence has good depth even if we go up one way or another.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Even if Johnson returns fit he's lost a year & interested clubs move on. He'll need to settle back in first.

Anyone know what contract time he still has ?

Forrester to me looks a very good player & I'd like to see him more often. Similar with Ashworth but, as a loanee, I don't see him returning given his restricted pitch time.

All in all, when fit & if kept fit, our defence has good depth even if we go up one way or another.

Until the end of 25/26