Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

19 minutes ago, Big E said:

Yeah definitely. 

he will be off to Parkinson tho. 

Madine and Sunderland will be a match made in hell. As a geordie fan they’ll be all over him after a few shite performances. 

Hes such a determined character that I’m sure he will ignore it and knuckle down ha.

I Defo think Phil would of had some morning glory upon this news 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It would be a resounding yes from me, As we’ve an unproven tier 7 player and a 36 year old, sadly we won’t be anywhere near to signing him. 

What's 36 year old got to do with it though?  We're talking about lasting another 4 months, he's just as sharp and mobile as Madine and without doubt a better goalscorer than he ever was.  And we've got Dodoo and O'Grady, both can score goals at this level if played in the correct position (unlikely I know, but we do have 4 strikers if needed).

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

What's 36 year old got to do with it though?  We're talking about lasting another 4 months, he's just as sharp and mobile as Madine and without doubt a better goalscorer than he ever was.  And we've got Dodoo and O'Grady, both can score goals at this level if played in the correct position (unlikely I know, but we do have 4 strikers if needed).

Murphy has nearly outscored Gary In the promotion season already

15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

At 36 more prone to injury, can you see Murphy lasting all season without missing games and he can’t defend from the front as he no legs,  Madine brings in other players creates goals can close down defenders and can score goals at this level. It would be no brainer if we had the wherewithal to do the deal. 

Hoping we get a midfielder in or two for tomorrow's game as well. We would literally have a midfield of Hamilton, James Weir & Darcy since muppets Lowe & Murphy are banned. That doesn't feel with confidence one bit. At least if don't get a CB today Edwards & Zouma have played together 

6 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Hoping we get a midfielder in or two for tomorrow's game as well. We would literally have a midfield of Hamilton, James Weir & Darcy since muppets Lowe & Murphy are banned. That doesn't feel with confidence one bit. At least if don't get a CB today Edwards & Zouma have played together 

Think it'll only be a defender today. If we're lucky. 

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I've yet to see Murphy duck a header because he couldn't be arsed.

Much rather have Murphy at the moment.

I like Madine but we've no use for him now. Murphy bangs them in and we've got Faal as a backup option, not to mention Dodoo and O Grady. End of the day we shouldn't be going back for any former players. Build something new for the new era.

At a wage cap of £2k a week we'll be lucky to get any professional footballer.  With those who've gone back to their clubs we are going to struggle to get anything near as good I should imagine, but with decent pep talks before kick offs and half times you never know.    My expectancy is realistic I think, I'm not being negative, just understand the situation and that's what makes a wanderers result, win or draw pleasurable.

Just now, Breightmet Boy said:

At a wage cap of £2k a week we'll be lucky to get any professional footballer.  With those who've gone back to their clubs we are going to struggle to get anything near as good I should imagine, but with decent pep talks before kick offs and half times you never know.    My expectancy is realistic I think, I'm not being negative, just understand the situation and that's what makes a wanderers result, win or draw pleasurable.

£2k a week is pretty much average wage in League Two, isn't it? Gives us a decent pool to aim at.

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

£2k a week is pretty much average wage in League Two, isn't it? Gives us a decent pool to aim at.

Unless we’re competing with salford and then we really need the size of the club to outweigh their desire to get paid sad but true 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

That's what the guys are currently operating on though. Including those who have gone back, so theoretically, we could get similar ones. Not saying we will, but the possibility is there.