Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How fucking nice is it to be talking about positive stuff. It’s been a long time coming for us. But it’s revitalized everyone 

Correct 

I’d rather have this “embarrassment of riches” over looking at the bench and in some instances the starting XI and thinking oh fuck me not him. Again. 

15 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I think Crawford will be a nailed on starter, I reckon Crawford, Sarcevic & Comley will be our central mids, think Politic & Darcy will be used as cover.

I’d go along with that. Not sure Darcy would necessarily get more football elsewhere, while I expect Politic would be coming off the bench most weeks. 

6 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Correct 

I’d rather have this “embarrassment of riches” over looking at the bench and in some instances the starting XI and thinking oh fuck me not him. Again. 

Club genuinely feels like it’s been reborn. In a lot of ways it has. 

all those folk who doubted FV.  Bet they’re quiet now eh

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Club genuinely feels like it’s been reborn. In a lot of ways it has. 

all those folk who doubted FV.  Bet they’re quiet now eh

We’re very much in recovery with the attentive Nurse Shazza taking care of us 

that warm, reassuring feeling of being in safe hands 

9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

We’re very much in recovery with the attentive Nurse Shazza taking care of us 

that warm, reassuring feeling of being in safe hands 

These signings we keep making give me the Twitching feeling that nurse Shazza is giving me a nice wash downstairs which in reality is a reach around. 

Nixon now mentioning Baptiste. Probably read it on here. I’m happy to trust Evatt’s judgement. If nothing else, he’ll not be under any illusions about his recreational activities having played alongside him at Blackpool amidst all of the associated sins. 

Bloody hell, @Blondi was quicker 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

Let's  not pretend they aren't all still mercenaries, they're here for their own reasons, money or personal or career, not because of any love or dedication to the club.

All of this stands or falls on Evatt getting them to believe in his vision for his ends, their ends, and the clubs ends.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Let's  not pretend they aren't all still mercenaries, they're here for their own reasons, money or personal or career, not because of any love or dedication to the club.

All of this stands or falls on Evatt getting them to believe in his vision for his ends, their ends, and the clubs ends.

They see us as a big club. It’s club they’re here for. We’ve no idea how much money they’re on and Doyle is said have been offered more from the league above. 

At this level we are a massive pull for these boys. 

4 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

But that’s what good managers do don’t they. Get buy in. Rioch did it, Sam did it. Players they had then had no more love for the club than the current bunch when they arrived

players are saying the right things but only time will tell. Everyone has spoken very highly of Evatt so far so they must see it and have ‘bought in’ otherwise they could’ve gone elsewhere. In some cases for more money and/or a higher level 

Just now, gonzo said:

They see us as a big club. It’s club they’re here for. We’ve no idea how much money they’re on and Doyle is said have been offered more from the league above. 

At this level we are a massive pull for these boys. 

Never in their lifetime did they think they would be playing for bwfc

dont forget some of these we just starting in the game and some were at school when we were playing in Europe. We were a name then and they remember that. This is like Xmas has come early. Playing in front of big away followings, big passionate home crowds when we get on a roll. This is their golden ticket they will never play at a bigger or better club than ours these men that’s a fact. 

5 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Not really all in on the Darcy love in yet .This system should suit him but I don't think he's earned the right to be a starter yet. 

Politic will be a cut above in this league. His decidion making needs to improve but ability wise hes a cut above. 

Politic needs to learn to run with his head if he's to go as far as we hope he can.

Darcy is a player, no doubt about it.

5 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Just curious where Politic might fit in under Evatt? Looks like 3 in midfield with 2 wingbacks, but thought Politic is more of an out and out winger? 

I'm not sure myself. He can only play as the one behind the strikers or as one of the front two, but if he plays alongside Doyle then neither will do the kind of work Quigley did under Evatt.

I don't think he's a winger as he likes to run at goal. He was much better on the left wing in the second half of last season, though, as he could cut in on his right foot into the middle.

I’m buzzing with what Evatt has done so far. Last time we were in D4 our star Summer signings were journeyman forward Trevor Morgan and past it Jeff Chandler.  This time we are getting young footballers with loads of potential. Can’t wait to see the new team. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Celina. I think we pulled out because we couldn't afford the loan fee, or something like that.

There wasn’t a fee unless he played so many games but it was a lot of games