Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Just spoken to my mate who's a Barrow fan hes gutted about White rates him highly says he can pass tackle score and never stops all game .

Jason McAteer type by the sound of it. That’ll do for me. Beats some of our recent pedestrians in the centre

21 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

.Barrow fans were raving about the other loanee they had from B/burn, a centre half. (Platt ??). Maybe it's him next.

out of contract aswell?

"Returning to Ewood Park in the summer of 2019, Platt penned a new one-year deal with Rovers to extend his stay until the summer of 2020"

taken from the BRFC website

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Werder barmen said:

out of contract aswell?

"Returning to Ewood Park in the summer of 2019, Platt penned a new one-year deal with Rovers to extend his stay until the summer of 2020"

taken from the BRFC website

Matty Platt had a 12 month option on his contract which Blackburn have actioned. He’s under contract until next summer

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

Happy with our business so far.

Salford are clearly going to be one of our chief rivals this season.

COYWM

As long as we are in top 3 at the end of the season I don't care who's above us.  We just dont want there to be another couple of big spenders like them.

• Site Supporter

Looks to me like Salford are in last chance saloon at trying to get up so are throwing some money about on players who are in the autumn of their career.

If the salary limit comes in, let’s face it - who goes to Salford if they get the same money at 80% of the other clubs who come in for them.

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Sounds a lot like Darcy that.  It will be interesting to compare them.  

I wouldn't say so, I see Darcy as more of a Crawford type in behind strikers. 

By all accounts, Evatt favours a 3-5-2 with one of a central 3 midfielders in a more advanced role so depth wise I'm seeing us currently looking like: 

GK: New Signing(NS), NS - Gilks?, Alexander

RCB: Brockbank, NS

CB: NS, Delaney

LCB: Taft, Senior

RWB: NS, NS

CM: Comley, NS

CM: Sarcevic, White

LWB: Bunney?, NS

CAM: Crawford, Darcy

ST: Doyle, NS

ST: Politic, Faal

3 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

I wouldn't say so, I see Darcy as more of a Crawford type in behind strikers. 

I dont see Darcy like that (but we all see players differently).  For me  our "behind the striker" types are Crawford and Politic, because they can beat a man, thread through subtle little passes and shoot.  There will be times when we don't see them for 20 minutes and if this is in the 2nd half we'll be saying they need to be subbed, if we aren't on front foot.  Darcy more of a dynamic up and down, never stops running type - but unlikely to score or even assist except from his decent dead ball deliveries.  I'd have him in the team 90 minutes every game (tiredness permitting) because winning or losing I see him with a constant involvement - building play, breaking up play, getting in the faces of opponents, not letting them settle and underrated quality passes at speed. I'm guessing this is what the new signing White is like too so probably only room for one of them.  I honestly dont think Evatt will realise what Darcy is like yet.