Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Apparently you can resubmit your list of 22 now so white hopefully gone, crellin doesn't make the list,  still leaves us with 6.

If all 6 fit then zebedee ain't gonna get much squad time never mind game time , then again he could prove us wrong  !!! 

18 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Nice balanced window for us imo- a much needed Keeper,a def mid/defender, an attacking midfielder and a pacy striker. If Maddison performs anything like he’s capable of, he should offer us something a bit different.

No doubt he'll do a knee in training soon.

Apologies if its been mentioned already but some of the well wishers on Regan Riley's transfer post on his Instagram include Trent, Maddison (James), Benjamin Mendy, Declan Rice, Butland, Chilwell, Ravel Morrison, Reece James, Holgate, Chalobah amongst others. How's he held in such high regard with these bigger names yet hasn't had a sniff this season (with the exception of Shrewsbury(?)?

10 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Apologies if its been mentioned already but some of the well wishers on Regan Riley's transfer post on his Instagram include Trent, Maddison (James), Benjamin Mendy, Declan Rice, Butland, Chilwell, Ravel Morrison, Reece James, Holgate, Chalobah amongst others. How's he held in such high regard with these bigger names yet hasn't had a sniff this season (with the exception of Shrewsbury(?)?

Only seen him play once & he looked a good prospect.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

They’re hardly going to reply along the lines of, “You were shit!” are they?

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

They’re hardly going to reply along the lines of, “You were shit!” are they?

Not at all. That's not what I'm suggesting...

Just wondering how they would've caught wind of an 18 year old from Bolton who's only made one first team appearance. 

I'd never heard of Maddison before.  But on that montage of best bits I recognised that goal he scored from near the halfway line.

Looks a hell of a player on those highlights ... but so did Daniel Braaten.

It's clearly a bit of a gamble, but if it doesn't pay off then what have we lost?  The option of playing Crawford instead? Happy to take that risk.  That said, will be interesting to see if he turns his form around at Tranmere.  Personally, I was sickened to see so many BWFC fans wishing him luck.  Wankers.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd never heard of Maddison before.  But on that montage of best bits I recognised that goal he scored from near the halfway line.

It's clearly a bit of a gamble, but if it doesn't pay off then what have we lost?  The option of playing Crawford instead? Happy to take that risk.  That said, will be interesting to see if he turns his form around at Tranmere.  Personally, I was sickened to see so many BWFC fans wishing him luck.  Wankers.

Aye, the supine protoplasmic invertebrate jelly.

35 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Not at all. That's not what I'm suggesting...

Just wondering how they would've caught wind of an 18 year old from Bolton who's only made one first team appearance. 

I would assume they're all signed to the same agency. 

That or he's met a few at an England camp? But I can't find anything on him ever going to St George's with any of the England youth squads. 

34 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Weren't Braatens clips from the shitty Norwegian league or summat?

At least Maddisons highlights are League1 and above.

Daniel Braaten is still playing btw at 38  (Shit Norwegian League 2)

1 hour ago, matty2094 said:

I believe Riley's brother runs a high-end clothing brand that sponsors young footballers and rappers so he runs in those circles. Not saying he hasn't got talent, but I think it's more to do with his brother than him being the next Phil Foden.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Weren't Braatens clips from the shitty Norwegian league or summat?

At least Maddisons highlights are League1 and above.

Daniel Braaten is still playing btw at 38  (Shit Norwegian League 2)

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Pretty sure quite a few of them were of him taking the piss out of Real Madrid.

that's what I thought, though this seal dribble thing was norwegian league

and the only one I can find against RM is this one, which wouldn't have got me excited at the time

13 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

5 in a matchday squad

We have 6 (excluding Crellin and White)

I feel a bit sorry for Crellin now, OK his chances were slim and that's the right call, but I thought he might have been "rewarded" with being on the bench sometimes, to give Gilks for eg a complete break from the 2 game a week schedule.  But if at least 2 loans have to miss out, he's always going to be one of them, barring injuries.  He's literally here just to train with 2 keepers that have taken his place.  We've all had our say on him but I feel for him now.

4 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Mates of his brother, or so I’m told. Led to believe he’s got quite the contact list.