Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

39 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

Xavier Amaechi incoming? 

Well THAT needed Wiki. Where, notably, he's already down as a Bolton player, on loan, from Hamburg. A good Under 19/20 England history.

20 yrs old, so zero hit on our squad size.

A winger, so, at a guess, competition for Dapo or Isgrove. A true mystery incomer. Interesting.

10 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Plenty of names mentioned on here, but I’d love to know exactly how many ex Bolton players have been signed by Wigan in the last 15 years. Then i can use it as a stick to beat Wiganers with.

Just Google (other search engines exist, apparently) Wigan Athletic Squad 2006-7 ... and rinse, 15 times, & see who you recognise.

I'll await your answer keenly.

Oh, Andy Kellett spent time there after his accidental transfer to the Rags.

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Didn’t he start out at Arsenal?

He did. As a youth player. German clubs have a track record of nicking up & comings from good clubs recently ... as you'll know well.

I guess they hunt out talented but impatient youngsters who fear it may take ages to break through ... if ever.

I'd be amazed if Hamburg spent £2m on an 18 yr old though. Either way, an unknown with a good youth level pedigree.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Just Google (other search engines exist, apparently) Wigan Athletic Squad 2006-7 ... and rinse, 15 times, & see who you recognise.

I'll await your answer keenly.

I’ll leave that to someone with a much better memory & much more time on their hands.

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’ll leave that to someone with a much better memory & much more time on their hands.

Aye its enough that they had sloppy seconds on our big 4 keepers of last 20 years. Jussi, Al Habsi, Boggers and now Amos. 

Never forgive Coyle for flogging them Al Habsi and then totally wasting the money anyway. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

He did. As a youth player. German clubs have a track record of nicking up & comings from good clubs recently ... as you'll know well.

I guess they hunt out talented but impatient youngsters who fear it may take ages to break through ... if ever.

I'd be amazed if Hamburg spent £2m on an 18 yr old though. Either way, an unknown with a good youth level pedigree.

The lower leagues of German football is littered with English lads, Chelsea had 46 lads on loan in Germany I’d imagine a bulk of them are English. Basically Germany is the English football finishing school

Edited by Rudy

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Zico said:

There's an agent with a blue tick next to his name saying the Hamburg deal is false (on Iles thread about it)

Or maybe that it being a trial is false

• Site Supporter

48 players have played for both clubs according to that.

Greg Strong

Emile Heskey

Andrew Taylor (never heard of him!)

Reece Wabara (or him!)

Reece Burke (who?)

Paul Comstive

Tony Kelly

Paul Lodge

Stuart Storer

David Thompson

Matt Gilks

seem to be the ones going from them to us, albeit, some on loan to them then us.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Or maybe that it being a trial is false

I read that his agent objected to "trial" so demanded that be taken down.

Still seeing stuff saying he's joined, on loan. The £2.25m fee is repeated, but he'll have been an academy player so that just seems odd.

Right Winger, but can operate on the left.

It's an interesting one which I'll believe when we see a Picture, Shirt, Grimace photo &/or Evatt"s words.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I read that his agent objected to "trial" so demanded that be taken down.

Still seeing stuff saying he's joined, on loan. The £2.25m fee is repeated, but he'll have been an academy player so that just seems odd.

Right Winger, but can operate on the left.

It's an interesting one which I'll believe when we see a Picture, Shirt, Grimace photo &/or Evatt"s words.

Wenger got him to sign his first pro contract for Arsenal. Pic on't internet.

• Members
2 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Toby Brittan liking Paul Mullin's rejection of a new contract at Cambridge. Last time he did similar to Sheehan's post 

I’d go and pick him up from his house 

• Members
47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Possible I suppose, but after signing the lad from Coventry?

Definitely 

How often are we going to get the chance to sign a 26 year old striker who has had scored 32 goals the previous season