Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Am I the only person who thinks ALF left us in the lurch big-time with his plea to be released from his contract? Don’t get me wrong, once he asked I get that it was down to the club to say yes or no but, to me, he shouldn’t have put the club in the position in the first place.

Sydney or Bolton?

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

If we can ship out Greenidge and Comley that’ll free up some space.

What is the squad size limit assuming we come out of the embargo?

22, plus under age & not including keepers.

If we can't ship these out we can not register them & they don't consume a place.

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

If we can ship out Greenidge and Comley that’ll free up some space.

What is the squad size limit assuming we come out of the embargo?

I think this is our main issue this Summer. If we really want to create quality in depth we are going to have to do some shifting out the door. These two are definitely in that category. Question is ... who'd want em! Maybe Greenidge could go back to Scandinavia. We also need to hope Liam Gordon finds a new club down south and that Crawford moves on (Evatt doesnt like him, that's clear).

9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think this is our main issue this Summer. If we really want to create quality in depth we are going to have to do some shifting out the door. These two are definitely in that category. Question is ... who'd want em! Maybe Greenidge could go back to Scandinavia. We also need to hope Liam Gordon finds a new club down south and that Crawford moves on (Evatt doesnt like him, that's clear).

Does anyone like Crawford?

48 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Thats why i am not sure about the 2 year contracts given to Jones and Isgrove

If we did get back to back promotions and its a big if we would have them both for a season in the championship.

Add Comley to those three and its a expensive pay off, but thats what we may have to do.

For what its worth i cannot see Greenidge and Gordon being on decent wages but the other two we may have to take a hit on

27 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

If we did get back to back promotions and its a big if we would have them both for a season in the championship.

Would we not have them for a season in L1 and then be able to sell them for a fee? 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Does anyone like Crawford?

I did the year before last, less so this last year. My view doesn't matter though - its Evatt's that counts. I reckon he'll want to ship him out.

37 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Add Comley to those three and its a expensive pay off, but thats what we may have to do.

For what its worth i cannot see Greenidge and Gordon being on decent wages but the other two we may have to take a hit on

The wages element is an aspect but it looks like the squad can be 22 strong (not including keepers and under 21s). I reckon we are going to need around five through the door to make the necessary space and that's Comley, Gordon, Greenidge, Crawford and one other - perhaps Darcy or Edwards out on loan. Being controversial I would't be overly fussed if we moved Delfouneso on. 

22 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The wages element is an aspect but it looks like the squad can be 22 strong (not including keepers and under 21s). I reckon we are going to need around five through the door to make the necessary space and that's Comley, Gordon, Greenidge, Crawford and one other - perhaps Darcy or Edwards out on loan. Being controversial I would't be overly fussed if we moved Delfouneso on. 

Surely Darcy is an under age homegrown player, doesn’t count does he?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Not get a fee for either

Why?

It is also possible, that should we gain another promotion, then IE would want them.

He wants to go for it again, yet has offered them both 2 years- he must therefore be aware of their worth here and value elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, QFPants said:

Surely Darcy is an under age homegrown player, doesn’t count does he?

Hopefully not...but I don't know. In fact I'm not even sure they've fully settled those rules for next season just yet.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

If we gain back to back promotions & they have played their part then why would we want to get rid? You had this attitude with Baptiste after this season, fuckin baffles me... If they have been a major part in a successful season why would you automatically bin them off? 

Some teams have had players in the 1st & 2nd divisions who have done themselves proud in the Prem.