Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Not sure what to make of this one. Recent scoring record not great and the Sheff Weds fans don't speak highly. However their club has been a mess in recent years and nobody has thrived there.

This is a step down in level for him too 

I think Markham will have heavily influenced this signing and he'll know his strengths. If those strengths haven't been played to at Hillsborough that may explain a lot.

Let's hope it all slots in to place for him with us.

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

A bit disappointed with this, was really hoping for a more proven goal scorer but IE must think he’s what he needs so that’s good enough for me. Welcome Elias and let’s hope you prove any doubters wrong and bang them in with the good service you’ll get here.

Oh good happy Harry’s back 

Not sure what role he played at Sheff Wed but they had Callum Patterson, Jordan Rhodes and Josh Windass who played all season and scored 26 goals, so I'm guessing Kachunga didn't get to play in the middle (hopefully!).  I'm happy we've got an established front player in, that's 4 including Fonz (who I've not given up on yet) , and I expect Kachunga to be an upgrade on an unproven Amaechi after his unfortunate injury.  Forward line suddenly looks to have options and we aren't one injury away from a problem.  

Truth is, not being a deep student of other leagues or teams, I've never heard of him.

That, however, applies to the bulk of last year's signings & this summer's. So he's in good company.

Evatt, & Markham aiding him, is someone who knows what he wants from a pkayer and looks into whether they'll fit his ethos. If he's concluded that he does then fair play. We certainly need an increased forward threat. This guy's history, all at a higher league, is good & aged 28. We should be delighted. 

Welcome Elias.

• Members

I think if there is somewhere to strengthen in terms of depth its DM. Huge fan of MJ but this is a quicker league and games we won’t see a lot of the ball especially away from home and I think the DM position is going to be vita to have cover in

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think if there is somewhere to strengthen in terms of depth its DM. Huge fan of MJ but this is a quicker league and games we won’t see a lot of the ball especially away from home and I think the DM position is going to be vita to have cover in

Could put Johnson up when Santos is back fit but agree we are light there

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

On 10/08/2021 at 11:13, Rudy said:

Yes I am concerned about this too. I think Tutte is the most likely replacement, not the same physicality as MJ but never shies away from a tackle and plays good safe passes. 

Don't know much about Aimson, maybe he can play there too, perhaps even Johnston, I'm sure Evatt has got someone in mind. 

Comley probably also can play that position but not sure how much I'd trust him to screen the defence.

• Members
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Yes I am concerned about this too. I think Tutte is the most likely replacement, not the same physicality as MJ but never shies away from a tackle and plays good safe passes. 

Don't know much about Aimson, maybe he can play there too, perhaps even Johnston, I'm sure Evatt has got someone in mind. 

Comley probably also can play that position but not sure how much I'd trust him to screen the defence.

CBs into Midfield don’t really work because CBs are trained to not let someone behind them, so they end up looking like a fish out of water DMs like to see every ball in front of them plus they have a different engine.

Think Tutte would do ok there but if we are letting someone go to bring someone in I’d hope it was a DM

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

CBs into Midfield don’t really work because CBs are trained to not let someone behind them, so they end up looking like a fish out of water DMs like to see every ball in front of them plus they have a different engine.

Think Tutte would do ok there but if we are letting someone go to bring someone in I’d hope it was a DM

Campo and Hierro weren't too shabby.

40 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Both were signed as CBs but proved to be ineffective there. Sam had the good sense to move them forward. Hierro had played DM before, not sure about Campo.

I remember national treasure & all round twat Lineker, guffawing at Campo on his debut and reshowing some errors he made.

Moving him forward was a master stroke.