Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Utd 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

Is there an away fans car park at ground?

There are no 'official' car parks but there is plenty of street parking, if you get there early.

Although your best bet is the big charity run car park behind the Decathlon store, just off St Marys roundabout (post code S1 3HU) - £4, secure and less than 5 minutes walk to the ground. 

There are no 'official' car parks but there is plenty of street parking, if you get there early.

Although your best bet is the big charity run car park behind the Decathlon store, just off St Marys roundabout (post code S1 3HU) - £4, secure and less than 5 minutes walk to the ground.

Top man. The old fella is struggling a bit so closer the better.

Ideal then that car park. Turn left out of the car park and under the subway to the ground.

2 hours and 34 minutes from my house. Even got a little picture of Eyre Street. The powers of the interweb never cease to amaze.

Remember driving to grounds using directions in last weeks match programme in the vein hope we could spot a floodlight in the distance.

....normally to realise it was an athletic track or power station haha

2 hours and 34 minutes from my house. Even got a little picture of Eyre Street. The powers of the interweb never cease to amaze.

Remember driving to grounds using directions in last weeks match programme in the vein hope we could spot a floodlight in the distance.

....normally to realise it was an athletic track or power station haha

Miss the day of the proper floodlights, the football fans equivalent of the north star. 

Trying to find a decent boozer with good pub grub that's not too far from the train station, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Went to uni in Sheffield and Id say Division street or West street are your best bets. Nothing really towards the ground from the station, need to head towards town first. Seen people recommend the graduate which might not be a bad shout, used to be a pub called the Cavendish on West St as well which was cheap, sold decent grub and will show the early kick off. Not sure if its still there or not.

Went to uni in Sheffield and Id say Division street or West street are your best bets. Nothing really towards the ground from the station, need to head towards town first. Seen people recommend the graduate which might not be a bad shout, used to be a pub called the Cavendish on West St as well which was cheap, sold decent grub and will show the early kick off. Not sure if its still there or not.

Cavendish very much still there, and still very geared towards students.

• Site Supporter

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/away-end-lower-tier-bolton-match.52561/page-2

The picture half way down the page on the above link should show the extent of the segregation on the upper tier, and the unsold tickets on the lower.

4 posts further down from the photo; I wondered what happened to Tyler Durden.

Although your best bet is the big charity run car park behind the Decathlon store, just off St Marys roundabout (post code S1 3HU) - £4, secure and less than 5 minutes walk to the ground.

What do/don't the police restrict in vicinity of the ground? I'm staying in the Copthorne hotel after the game; do I need to get there early to get on their car park, or should it be a doddle?

What do/don't the police restrict in vicinity of the ground? I'm staying in the Copthorne hotel after the game; do I need to get there early to get on their car park, or should it be a doddle?

Police usually close Bramall Lane about 1:30/2pm so would suggest getting the car parked in there before then. Decent pint and food in the bar at the hotel too.

• Site Supporter

Police usually close Bramall Lane about 1:30/2pm so would suggest getting the car parked in there before then. Decent pint and food in the bar at the hotel too.

Can I park there without reservation and just go for a pre-match pie and some lunch?

Miss the day of the proper floodlights, the football fans equivalent of the north star. 

Hurray...that gives me chance to wheel out my Crystal Palace story yet again. First floodlights we parked up for turned out to be railway sidings & the second lot turned out to be an athletics track meaning we finally got to the ground just as the gates opened.

Watched about 5 minutes of (free) football, then got back in the car for a several hours drive back to civilisation. Happy days.

Not sure about the parking reservation but the bar is open from early to guests and non-guests.

Give them a call re parking, sure it'll be fine.

I wish you bad luck for Saturday, but overall I'd rather us and yourselves go up. Who's bigger is debatable.

But what can be agreed is that we are 2 clubs that have been underachieving too much, and should be in the Prem never mind the Championship. I mean come on, we get around 15k at home, yourselves 20k, and then you get Scunthorpe with 4K!

But football ain't about attendances, look forward to Saturday!