Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

i think the best aspect of all this is the hardcore cancel culture warriors called for him to be sacked. These people won’t have a leg to stand on when they next bemoan someone being cancelled. The fact that Clarkson and Morgan have the intelligence to defend him speaks volumes. 

but people like morgan and clarkson dont get that being 'even' gets them nowhere. 

being the most moral corpse in the graveyard doesnt work. 

its not the greeks and italians "letting it go" after a war. 

they didnt give a fuck that morgan or clarkson lost their jobs. they got what they wanted. 

if it escalates more then maybe itll stop. 

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I think - I’ll double check in a minute - but I think they’re a political party.

And there’s many others. Why bring Labour into it? 

Anyway good job the guidance/rules whatever you want to call them weren’t around a few years earlier 

D67BF853-38AD-4B59-9805-314F839E3746.thumb.png.4fe2e394c93766f2fe43161427d31a76.png

• Site Supporter

Was he breaking any impartiality guidance by calling out the language used recently? He didn't mention any specific policy did he?

I think when you mention Germany it always blows up, even if he didn't mention the nazis specifically. That was the usual mob from the right wing press.

12 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Was he breaking any impartiality guidance by calling out the language used recently? He didn't mention any specific policy did he?

I think when you mention Germany it always blows up, even if he didn't mention the nazis specifically. That was the usual mob from the right wing press.

he werent refering to the wiermar republic , if he did mean that , he'd maybe possibly come to a different conclusion that really would get him canceled . 

• Moderators

Not a fan of lineker, I've often had him down as someone who wants to be seen as being right on and saying the right thing without really thinking about what he's say 

Here though, is the issue really that he's expected l expressed a political opinion that supposedly goes against BBC guidelines, or is it just the reference to 1930s Germany? 

Had he not mentioned Germany would he be breaking guidelines and would anyone have been arsed?

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not a fan of lineker, I've often had him down as someone who wants to be seen as being right on and saying the right thing without really thinking about what he's say 

Here though, is the issue really that he's expected l expressed a political opinion that supposedly goes against BBC guidelines, or is it just the reference to 1930s Germany? 

Had he not mentioned Germany would he be breaking guidelines and would anyone have been arsed?

Yes, the government would of.

Plenty of political opinions get voiced, I mean there was a political message at the opening of the world cup.

So you have to ask yourself, why this one?It's not difficult to see why it's blown up quite as it has

13 minutes ago, Zico said:

Point is Lineker is being censored whilst others such as Neil, Sugar and the BBCs own chairman have not been at all despite showing far more political bias. Why? Because this government want to divide and conquer like they did with brexit.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Point is Lineker is being censored whilst others such as Neil, Sugar and the BBCs own chairman have not been at all despite showing far more political bias. Why? Because this government want to divide and conquer like they did with brexit.

I think they've just managed the divide bit on this one.

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Did many complain when those mentioned mis tweeted? 

26 minutes ago, Zico said:

To be fair he's always had pretty strong views on how we should treat refugees. And he's backed that up by housing a number of refugees in his own home and the charities that he supports. Many will disagree with his opinion, which would be fair enough. But he's hardly your everyday virtue signaller who's calling things out and doing sod all about it. 

Edited by London Wanderer

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Pie on the money as usual. Folk more outraged at a tweet from ex footballer than Braverman's rhetoric. 

i cant believe he mentions 1930s germany in the first place. folk werent trying to get into germany on an innertube in 1939. 

Just now, e2e4 said:

i cant believe he mentions 1930s germany in the first place. folk werent trying to get into germany on an innertube in 1939. 

It is about the similarities in government language and rhetoric regarding immigrants. 

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No idea and it is irrelevant anyway. 

Well its not, this has all come to light because of people complaining. Whether it be the public via social media or by MPs in parliament. If others are saying things which may offend yet no one is complaining it’s likely to get ignored. 

Edited by royal white

5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

More and more are not working this weekend, Dion Dublin not doing 5live and Jason Mohammad not doing Final Score.

It really has blown up big Time and it really is quite funny.

It really is - the best bit is hearing folk getting in a tizzle arguing he should be sacked. 

Wonder why all his colleagues have stepped down if the guidance was so clear and simple?