Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

15 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Even simpler.

Keep things as they are and let private individuals say what they like on their own platforms.

I think that muddies the water, as folks don’t necessarily distinguish between the two. Many have built up the followings by working for the BBC. Time for a clean break, social media making fine line decisions about impartiality just stupidly difficult.

35 minutes ago, royal white said:

I think you missed the first point. “Is that the tweet that was deleted and he apologised for” 

Deleted yes.

Apologised ... well ... you decide

”I cant see what I have to apologise for .... you are OTT ... its a bloody joke.”

before

I misjudged me earlier tweet. It was in no way intended to cause offence, and clearly my attempt at humour has backfired. I have deleted the tweet and am very sorry.

So thats ok. its the 'i am sorry you are offended' defense.

At least it proves it was only casual racism rather than full on KKK.

42 minutes ago, royal white said:

I think you missed the first point. “Is that the tweet that was deleted and he apologised for” 

The tweet directed at the union bosses in December? His tweet about working from home policy? All politically related. 

I don't agree with everything he tweets but would defend his right to express an opinion. 

You really haven't got a leg to stand on here, it's patently obvious that Lineker has been treated differently and that the guidance is very blurry. Even an ex BBC chief said the same earlier. But you continue to argue on just for sake of it 😁

8 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

I think that muddies the water, as folks don’t necessarily distinguish between the two. Many have built up the followings by working for the BBC. Time for a clean break, social media making fine line decisions about impartiality just stupidly difficult.

It shouldn't muddy any waters at all.

People should have enough about them to distinguish between the two, especially if it's explicitly made clear.

Why do we always have to cater for the fuckwits?

• Site Supporter

I assume all the BBC news presenters who supported Marcus Rashford on his meals campaign are going to be unemployed soon as well?

Clearly supporting a bloke with a grudge against the government.

Everybody out!

59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Oh and as for the Lineker issue, has anyone on the previous pages discussed the fact that apparently many Jewish folk have felt deep resentment at his comments?

A potential own goal on its way here for sir Kier.

I think you've also missed the news today where Jewish leaders have joined the Archbishop in their condemnation of the new migration bill. Claiming it to be "cruelty without purpose". An opinion you might disagree with, but clearly the Jewish community has a lot of support for Lineker's tweet. 

I honestly never thought I'd see the day yourself and RW would be stumbling about the place desperately trying to justify someone being sacked for their 'offensive' opinion. How the tables have turned, it's lovely to watch. 

29 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The tweet directed at the union bosses in December? His tweet about working from home policy? All politically related. 

I don't agree with everything he tweets but would defend his right to express an opinion. 

You really haven't got a leg to stand on here, it's patently obvious that Lineker has been treated differently and that the guidance is very blurry. Even an ex BBC chief said the same earlier. But you continue to argue on just for sake of it 😁

If he comes under the same rules/guidance Then he should be done as well. 
Does he come under the same rules/guidance??

And as I’ve said from the start if they have wrongly suspended him then I hope he takes them to the cleaners. 

23 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I think you've also missed the news today where Jewish leaders have joined the Archbishop in their condemnation of the new migration bill. Claiming it to be "cruelty without purpose". An opinion you might disagree with, but clearly the Jewish community has a lot of support for Lineker's tweet. 

I honestly never thought I'd see the day yourself and RW would be stumbling about the place desperately trying to justify someone being sacked for their 'offensive' opinion. How the tables have turned, it's lovely to watch. 

You keep trying to put a spin on things. I’ll break it down for you. Make it nice and easy. 

I don’t care if you’re left, right or centre, I believe in freedom of speech. I also believe big firms are right to put in guidelines as to what you can and can’t say on social media. Especially with organisations like the BBC. If linekar has broken his agreement and refuses to apologise then the BBC have no other option. If the BBC have fucked up then lineker needs to Sue them. 

• Members
3 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

It’s just common sense m’dear. Clearly there are issues with crime. But if you’re the kind to look at those stats and think that’s all Albanians, then you need to give your head a wobble. FFS, idiotic comment. I think your head has wobbled too much pal.