Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, royal white said:

I have absolutely no idea. I thought maybe those who had worked with refugees in the past may have an idea but obviously not. 

All weird, kind of cancels the theory that those men coming over are going to work hard so the rest of their family have something to come over to. 

I know why asylum seekers & migrants are coming. You don’t need to have worked with refugees to figure out the reasons 😂 They're different for each person but can follow similar themes.

It’s about 77% male and 23% women & children. Some want to bring family over. some want  to start afresh on their own. Some just had to get out. Some will try their chances. The list of reasons could go on, but you get the drift 👍 there isn’t one particular theory.

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, donkeyshorn said:

Can you not change mortgage provider, shop around?

Mate of mine is in a similar situation and shopping around saved him about a tenner.

The fixed deals are no better.

The banks need their money, just be grateful that a few hundred lads in sharp suits in the City are benefiting from this, and the United Kingdom aren’t losing these precious experts to paris or New York.

Know your place, peasant.

29 minutes ago, donkeyshorn said:

Can you not change mortgage provider, shop around?

Yeah - I'm sure we might find something a bit cheaper mate. We've got an appointment with a mortgage advisor next week so hoping we can sort something out. 

I'll come back on and let you know if we've saved anything! 🙂

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yep that’s the same guy you posted the earlier link to. Nothing about the RAF and this 

Meanwhile, there was huge disappointment when the pilot was told he had been rejected under Arap because he was not deemed to have worked “for or alongside” British troops.

It usually helps to read the links you post. 👍

23 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah - I'm sure we might find something a bit cheaper mate. We've got an appointment with a mortgage advisor next week so hoping we can sort something out. 

I'll come back on and let you know if we've saved anything! 🙂

Good luck!

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yep that’s the same guy you posted the earlier link to. Nothing about the RAF and this 

Meanwhile, there was huge disappointment when the pilot was told he had been rejected under Arap because he was not deemed to have worked “for or alongside” British troops.

It usually helps to read the links you post. 👍

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

😂😂That’s 3 links you’ve posted now that are around 6 months old. 

Go back to your first link from a few of weeks back. Here it is, from the Independant, you know the guy who was on the Piers link you posted. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/afghan-pilot-asylum-arap-sunak-b2375457.html

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

TMJ thinks we’re making the problem worse by ‘taking them away from the regime’.

RW keeps desperately bringing up some minor point to win an argument that never existed.

It’s all a bit surreal sometimes. Can we not just all agree that he deserves to stay? Like Mounts did.

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

TMJ thinks we’re making the problem worse by ‘taking them away from the regime’.

RW keeps desperately bringing up some minor point to win an argument that never existed.

It’s all a bit surreal sometimes. Can we not just all agree that he deserves to stay? Like Mounts did.

The point is cheese saying it shouldn’t sit right, He lied as he was blinded by tabloid headlines. It’s been pointed out that he’s never served with or alongside our forces. Like others have said just because he was in a war over there doesn’t give him an automatic right to come here. America have given him commendations, he’s pointed out that his mates have flying jobs in America. So why hasn’t he gone to America? 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, royal white said:

😂😂That’s 3 links you’ve posted now that are around 6 months old. 

Go back to your first link from a few of weeks back. Here it is, from the Independant, you know the guy who was on the Piers link you posted. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/afghan-pilot-asylum-arap-sunak-b2375457.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/afghan-pilot-senators-biden-asylum-b2379638.html

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

He did his bit alongside coalition forces. We know that much for sure. Ridiculous decision to put his name on the Rwanda fight.

Who wants to go to America. It’s a madhouse. 

Hope he stays 🇬🇧🇦🇫

Hmmmm let me think, flying planes with his mates in America or sat in a hotel on £9 a week in Blackpool. 

Shame that their asylum process is taking as long as ours. 

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Hmmmm let me think, flying planes with his mates in America or sat in a hotel on £9 a week in Blackpool. 

Shame that their asylum process is taking as long as ours. 

Anything’s better than playing hide & seek with the Taliban. Even Blackpool (if that’s where he is).

If he wants to stay he’s more than welcome, if he wants to go to the US then good luck to him. 

You seem a bit pissed off at him? Thought you were ex military?

Edited by London Wanderer

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Anything’s better than playing hide & seek with the Taliban. Even Blackpool (if that’s where he is).

If he wants to stay he’s more than welcome, if he wants to go to the US then good luck to him. 

If he wants to get his family out he’d better start earning. Think we can both agree America looks the better option. 🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

If he wants to get his family out he’d better start earning. Think we can both agree America looks the better option. 🇺🇸

Depends how long he’s waiting. Could get his family over as soon as he’s right to remain. All this media attention is probably helping. Let’s just leave it to him eh 🙂