Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Subsidised bars and restaurants in the House of Commons anyone?

Twats. 

What a tinpot little country we’ve become 

They should have the same subsidy as staff canteens in hospitals, which I think is 0%. 

Edited by Ani
Missed the word 'should' d

14 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Of course he isn't, we're all dealing with the same pot of money - there will be no 100% annoucement of comitments until they can see what is what, they certainly don't want to be rowing back on policies within the first six months as then you'll just have the Told You So Tories yawping into their pints.

That's not to say they can't be bolder but no comitments things like this until the manifesto.

2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Subsidised bars and restaurants in the House of Commons anyone?

Twats. 

What a tinpot little country we’ve become 

When did they start to be subsided? During this government’s tenure? Genuine question. I’d like to know. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Zulu said:

When did they start to be subsided? During this government’s tenure? Genuine question. I’d like to know. 

Been going on for a good while I think.

Anyway, just for accuracy, this is useful.

https://fullfact.org/online/17-million-year-food-drink-subsidy-parliament/

Still, I reckon the subsidies should stop, irrespective of whether you're an mp or an employee of the estate as a whole.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

I think its the fact you have subsidised bars and not looking at other subsidises for say children. Its not a party political issue but a parlimentary one. Geddit now?

Sir Keir will sort all that out matey. Geddit?

Just now, Zulu said:

Sir Keir will sort all that out matey. Geddit?

That's the point, he hasn't comitted to it. You see.... a parlimentary issue, not a specific party political one.

You were the one who tried to make it fit a political agenda.

Deary me, no wonder the Conservatives have had a free run for over a decade.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Yes, I knew that TMGJ. But you and your pesky facts don’t fit in with certain agendas on here.  😉

I've given up reading and contributing to it on the whole. 

Accidentally clicked on it, and saw your post, and thought it was interesting so had a look. Couldn't find a date when it started, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's gone on for many, many years.

Lots of companies, and organisations have subsidised food, but for the most part that's a private decision. 

Suppose the difficult arises when public money is funding the subsidies. 

A few months back I had a couple of meals in the restaurant in Bolton Hospital. 

I noticed the meals were cheaper for nhs staff than visitors. Not arsed frankly, but "food" for thought I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You were the one who tried to make it fit a political agenda.

I’ve just reread what I said. I didn’t try to make it fit a political agenda, but you crack on love.  👍

1 minute ago, Zulu said:

I’ve just reread what I said. I didn’t try to make it fit a political agenda, but you crack on love.  👍

Ok, I'll walk you thorugh it.

Subsidised bars is a parlimentary (ie all party issue)

You asked who brought it in and when. 

Then, when given an answer admitted it was a leading question because you already knew and where just trying to show that having subsidised bars and not comitting to other subsidises didn't fit certain (assertaining to left-leaning) agendas.

Thus making a political point out of the orginal one which wasn't.

I take it you didn't join the debating society at school?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Zulu said:

You posted it in a forum Titled “politics”

Unless you were looking for the Middlesbrough thread and got confused.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ok, I'll walk you thorugh it.

Subsidised bars is a parlimentary (ie all party issue)

You asked who brought it in and when. 

Then, when given an answer admitted it was a leading question because you already knew and where just trying to show that having subsidised bars and not comitting to other subsidises didn't fit certain (assertaining to left-leaning) agendas.

Thus making a political point out of the orginal one which wasn't.

I take it you didn't join the debating society at school?

Well, if mickbrown hasn’t got a political agenda on here, I don’t know who has. Apart from you, of course. Oh, and that little ginger twat who’ll be jumping in any minute now. 

Aaand, here he is. 😂

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Agenda?

I said the House of Commons, not Tory twats 

If you any further clarification just give me a shout 😃

I asked a simple question. I don’t require any further clarification from you. 👍

• Site Supporter

I suppose a government in charge could choose to try and stop subsidies if they really wanted to. A show of good faith, as it were. Or maybe pay full price and the difference goes to charity. 

They have the power to do these things yet seem to prefer not to.

Still, I’m sure the older generation on here know better than little ginger twats. They’ve got more years on the clock after all.

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

I suppose a government in charge could choose to try and stop subsidies if they really wanted to. A show of good faith, as it were. Or maybe pay full price and the difference goes to charity. 

They have the power to do these things yet seem to prefer not to.

Still, I’m sure the older generation on here know better than little ginger twats. They’ve got more years on the clock after all.

all recent petitions on the subject only gather a few thousand signatures, it's not something that really gathers much interest it appears. Might also be because reporters also use them....

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Spot on Ginge! 👍

Fortunately, this generation of addled Boris nonces aren’t too far away from the retirement homes, where they can shake with rage about “commies” and “wokies” whilst shitting up their own backs and being preserved with warfarin and opiates.

Bless em

54 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Well, if mickbrown hasn’t got a political agenda on here, I don’t know who has. Apart from you, of course. Oh, and that little ginger twat who’ll be jumping in any minute now. 

Aaand, here he is. 😂

I didn’t mention a particular party in this case. You attempted to make it a political point and if you’re honest with yourself I think you’d agree it backfired  Good effort though, conservative mums would be proud  😀

if you want to make it political I happen to think the Tories are a bunch of amoral, grubby, grasping cunts. That’s an opinion not an agenda. 

If you think that’s an agenda then by you holding a different opinion, then by definition you have an agenda. 

I don’t think you do and I know I don’t. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I didn’t mention a particular party in this case. You attempted to make it a political point and if you’re honest with yourself I think you’d agree it backfired  Good effort though, conservative mums would be proud  😀

if you want to make it political I happen to think the Tories are a bunch of amoral, grubby, grasping cunts. That’s an opinion not an agenda. 

If you think that’s an agenda then by you holding a different opinion, then by definition you have an agenda. 

I don’t think you do and I know I don’t. 

Can you please post a picture of yourself so he can leave an accurate personal insult as well?

Thats how these issues are resolved when an argument unravels at the speed of sound.

Just now, Spider said:

Can you please post a picture of yourself so he can leave an accurate personal insult as well?

Thats how these issues are resolved when an argument unravels at the speed of sound.

I’m fucking gorgeous me. 

Think poor man’s (on free school meals) Clooney.