Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

7 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

https://www.gov.wales/sites/default/files/inline-documents/2023-02/Table 1_2.pdf

The bigger picture is that brexit has seen a dramatic loss in funding for Scotland, NI and Wales. 

Wales has done very badly on lost EU money, estimated to be 1 billion (2021-2025)..  This will disproportionately affect the least well off in society as community projects and youth centres are no longer viable. 

That’s why the Tories will be voted out of power… let’s hope the next Labour Party distribute money more fairly. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s why the Tories will be voted out of power… let’s hope the next Labour Party distribute money more fairly. 

It might be MORE fairly but I’m fairly confident it won’t be fairly; it never is.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m sure they will do a better job of distributing money across the UK but the reality is that the EU money will never be matched by Westminster whoever is in charge. 

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

I’m sure they will do a better job of distributing money across the UK but the reality is that the EU money will never be matched by Westminster whoever is in charge. 

How much net money did the EU distribute?

49 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It might be MORE fairly but I’m fairly confident it won’t be fairly; it never is.

Wales, NI and Scotland were net beneficiaries of EU money. That is never happening again. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Equality has remained the same for the last 30 years or soIMG_3060.jpeg.0a2c5d7ebc753fbf600bfd3d915d92f3.jpeg

All things being equal, an equality graph showing equal equality in conjunction with Canada, is peak GlobalDiver graph work.

canada, eh

29 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

https://www.gov.wales/sites/default/files/inline-documents/2023-02/Table 1_2.pdf

This is the data for Wales (2021-2025) based on EU money they would have received, 1 billion less for that period. 

So no data for the Uk as a whole?

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7886/CBP-7886.pdf

-12.9bn a year….

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

You’ve missed the point

Well I’ll certainly confess that I’ve never in all my life wondered how our equality measures up with Canada.

But now, I’m wondering how it measures up with Denmark, Yemen and Vietnam.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Farrelli performing mental gymnastics to try convince himself we (UK) got more from the EU than we put in. Utter denial… classic FPBE mentality. 

Our loss in GDP and other benefits in being part of the single market absolutely dwarves that