Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Escobarp said:

No I’m simply pointing out that for the arguement about Scotland and NI voting to stay in the EU this simply widens the GAp in the last vote between leave and remain in the UK

Well it's complicated for sure and it certainly doesn't help to have this split in different parts of the UK but that is where we are.  London is very much remain if you take that in isolation. 

Just now, Farrelli said:

Well it's complicated for sure and it certainly doesn't help to have this split in different parts of the UK but that is where we are.  London is very much remain if you take that in isolation. 

Yes but London is in England so that sort of stripping out is nonsensical. But if we do strip out each country then the 52/48 becomes wider in England in isolation based on 2016 vote That’s a fact. Yet people seem to believe there is a mandate from the people to remain. I have quite a mathematical brain by nature (definitely somewhere on the spectrum!) and when I look at facts like this I struggle listening to people’s arguments to the contrary. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Which one?

The one in the High Court in Scotland, which will ensure the PM fully follows the law in regards to the Benn Act. Their attempt to have it thrown out has been dismissed.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but London is in England so that sort of stripping out is nonsensical. But if we do strip out each country then the 52/48 becomes wider in England in isolation based on 2016 vote That’s a fact. Yet people seem to believe there is a mandate from the people to remain. I have quite a mathematical brain by nature (definitely somewhere on the spectrum!) and when I look at facts like this I struggle listening to people’s arguments to the contrary. 

Nor do I. However, you have to acknowledge that Scotland, Wales and NI are countries with devolved governments and have a very different relationship with Westminster. 

The referendum of 2016 has created a major problem for the continued unity of the UK and that is the only reason I'm talking about the way they voted.

6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Nor do I. However, you have to acknowledge that Scotland, Wales and NI are countries with devolved governments and have a very different relationship with Westminster. 

The referendum of 2016 has created a major problem for the continued unity of the UK and that is the only reason I'm talking about the way they voted.

Even if it was damaging, it isn’t as damaging as Blair’s devolution 

47 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The one in the High Court in Scotland, which will ensure the PM fully follows the law in regards to the Benn Act. Their attempt to have it thrown out has been dismissed.

Thanks for clarifying. But you are wrong. No decision has been made and it’s been officially delayed. Check your source in future 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Thanks for clarifying. But you are wrong. No decision has been made and it’s been officially delayed. Check your source in future 

Highly unlikely he/she is wrong, mate

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Highly unlikely he/she is wrong, mate

I know mate some don't like facts on here but this is an undeniable fact that even smegma must acknowledge on this occasion. He will try and cloud it in the usual nonsense but facts will stand true and cut through the bluster and it has to be said lies.  Because his statement is a lie. 

Just reading a report from the BBC.

3 polls asking on people's opinions on the deal. 'Take it' is the most popular option - but with less than half of the people polled selecting that option in all 3.

Even more mind boggling is that in all 3 polls - more people said they thought the UK would be worse off under the deal.

Bonkers this!

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I know mate some don't like facts on here but this is an undeniable fact that even smegma must acknowledge on this occasion. He will try and cloud it in the usual nonsense but facts will stand true and cut through the bluster and it has to be said lies.  Because his statement is a lie. 

But not even the biggest lie on this particular page of in/out, so put into context, not that noteworthy.

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He won’t acknowledge it.

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

But not even the biggest lie on this particular page of in/out, so put into context, not that noteworthy.

Context is specifically the response I made to his statement.  Nothing more nothing less. 

As I said attempt to cloud the issue but I was wrong and it didn’t come from smegma as predicted as he is as pointed out by BD highly unlikely to acknowledge that he has shown to be incorrect. 

To Incorrectly point out a court judgement has been made against the UK government is pretty noteworthy in my book. What different lives we lead and principals we lead them by 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Maybe I worded my original post incorrectly. A "decision" can't be made until the entire process detailed in the Benn Act is finished. My point is - the government applied to have the case thrown out altogether, and they lost. Again.

Edited by Cheese

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Just reading a report from the BBC.

3 polls asking on people's opinions on the deal. 'Take it' is the most popular option - but with less than half of the people polled selecting that option in all 3.

Even more mind boggling is that in all 3 polls - more people said they thought the UK would be worse off under the deal.

Bonkers this!

It certainly is but it's been like this from the start. Like that fruit farmer brexiteer moaning after the referendum result that he will struggle to get enough overseas pickers for next year's crop. DOH!

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

It certainly is but it's been like this from the start. Like that fruit farmer brexiteer moaning after the referendum result that he will struggle to get enough overseas pickers for next year's crop. DOH!

Thick old racists problem starts and ends there.